Paint Sealant

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
fshrmn

Is the dealership paint sealant program worth getting done or not? I have it with my car, but not sure if its even worth the trip to the dealership to get it reapplied every 6 months. If it is worth it, should I wax before or after they do it? Thanks for any help.

fshrmn

jjin626
Car: cars~doh

i dont know about the paint sealant, but i have the ARMOR GUARD (plastic sheet of film) on my scion XB, and also my new G35. b/c it works so well on my XB, so i decided to get that for my G35. i like the plastic film sheet. p.s. if anyone is using the sealant... is it good?

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

Find out what they are putting on your car. Ask for the brand name. Tehre was a product my friend bought that he put on his car, then he decided to wax it later and it wasn't compatible. Teh result was that something hard seemed to form over the paint. This would be great, except that it wasn't clear anymore and in some areas, it looked like it wasflaking when it hardened. We were able to polish some of it off, but it was hard work to get even a small amount of it off, even with an aggressive polish. HE ended up giving up on the paint since he wanted to paint the car eventually. I don't remember what the stuff was called though. I'd find out what they put on your car and do some research before you decide to wax it.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”