Paint Peeling

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
Fasjim
Car: 2012 Nissan Quest

First Timer here, I'm wondering if any of you are experiencing paint peeling on your Quest.
The problem started about a month ago when my wife noticed a quarter size flake on the rear gate below the window.
since then others have shown up on the back of the roof on the narrow panel in front of the liftgate and on the little fender extension behind the l/front wheel. They are getting bigger quickly. It's like the paint is just letting go and falling off right here at trade in time. Also lots of small flecks on the hood.
It's an original owner 2012 in pearl white with 79k miles.
Just wondering about other's experience here. Thanks in advance for your reply.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

The paint life is not killer, my Fords hold paint at '00 and '02 models better than my versa at '11. Paint is flaking off all over it now at 80K miles.

Waliede

I also have a 2012 Nissan Quest with paint peeling on the hatch. It began last year in one small spot and it’s now spreading fast. Spoke with the dealer and they said there are no Nissan claims/lawsuits currently and to just wait.

RonBranam12
Car: 2016 Nissan Quest SV

Just wondering if either of these paint peelings are white? That seems to be a common problem with white paint across all brands not just Nissan and the Quest.

Fasjim

yep- pearl white.
Anyone knowing about any action on this please post.
Thanks

LPWaller
Car: 2012 Nissan Quest LE

I also have a white 2012 Nissan Quest with major peeling in the rear below the window and top above the windshield and by the sunroof. Has anyone been able to resolve this with Nissan? Please advise! It costs a fortune to paint a car that otherwise is in perfect shape. TIA!

Fasjim

There are not many Quests in service and Nissan isn't concerned about individual owners issues. It would take a big class action or forced recall to get results for their defective paint. I would guess there just aren't enough of us. We Quest owners are just stuck. IMO

Return to “Quest Forum”