Paint on my hood is faded.

From wax to washes, the Detailing Forum should be used for questions and ideas concerning exterior and interior cleaning and appearance
240sxFTW
Car: 89, 240sx coupe

Ok so ill get some pictures up as soon as i can get them off my damn phone. facebook wont upload them for me and i lost the cable for it.

but anyways. about half of my hood is faded. almost like a sandy white/grey look to it. I have an hunch that waxing it with mothers 3 step system while it was sunny out did this to my hood. but if anybody can give me some pointers on how to go about fixing this that would be fantastical.

I was thinking a clay bar? Im scared that buffing it will just make it fade more. Does anyone know of a product that can rid me of this eye soar. thanks.

240sxFTW

240sxFTW

oh come on. nobody? i guess ill have to post in 240 gen because of volume.

bostonsftl

What is the condition of the clear coat on the vehicle? Often cars that have minimal or no clear coat left, when waxed, can leave behind this faded appearance. This is simply due to the fact that it is incredibly difficult to remove wax off of those surfaces, especially if applied in direct sunlight. Not sure if that helps. If i had more details of the situation i might be able to give a better answer.

Return to “Detailing Forum”