Paint Job Estimates?

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Zebrahead
Car: cars, basketball, girls, fishing

After washing and waxing my car recently, I've decided it needs a new paint job. I found so many little dings, stratches, etc. Not to mention, I got in an accident a while ago, and the new paint on the replaced panels had bubbles in it, which popped. So now there are plently of "dots" with no paint. God what a ****ty job they did. Oh well.

To get to the point, how much will a good paint job cost? I want to keep the same color, and have it look brand new, with the gloss/etc.

I've got a red '93 coupe if it matters.

thanks in advanceNick.

Ace
Car: S14

I'm not an expert, but my friend works at a very high quality body shop and he is constantly painting his car. I know he gets a discount thogh so its cheaper for him. Anyway the price will vary by quality if you go to macco youll pay 300-400 and get a pretty s%$&y job done. You need to know your price limit and scout out some body shops and check out what their working with and how their paint looks. Also you could probably take the price down considerably if you prep the car yourself. Good luck.:asmile

Daunttless

Its usually 1500-2500 for a decent, quality paintjob. At least where I live, it very well could be 2000+ at every shop where you live.

Jusepi97sx
Car: S14's

yeah... thats about right... it all depends where you go, but most places will run you about 2000 for a quality job..

oh and i wouldn't recommned taking it to macco... hmm,, easily said... "you get what you pay for..."

Zebrahead
Car: cars, basketball, girls, fishing

Wow, that's a lot. I've got a settlement coming up, and after college money, I'm looking to have around $2.5K to spend. I think I'd rather up my compression and get wheels . . .

Thanks,Nick.

JNM240
Car: 90 Coupe, 90 Hatch (CA18DET)

What about just painting a body kit to match your car? Anyone know what this might run? Im looking at an Erebuini Shogun style 395 front and side skirts with a Bomex rear. The whole think will be just under $800, but what do you think im looking at for match painting it to my car?

Daunttless

To get it installed correctly ( ie molding ) that will be several hundred dollars, and then several hundred more to paint the pieces, in a quality manner of course. Lots of people put them on cheaper and paint them cheaper, but unfortunately unless you know someone this is not the field where you want to bargain shop, sure, the best price is always good, but why is their price different than the other 5 places who all quoted you the same... : )

Return to “240sx General Discussion”