Paint Colour Question for 320 1964 Ute

1962-1965 Datsun L320 and NL320 forums - The truck that started it all in the US. All 320-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
odpl_tray

Hi,
Does anyone know all of the colours that were brought out for the 1964 NL320 Utes?
Thanks!

71-521

well, that's a good question..I don't remember haveing seen any in my travels...

Pac. coast Datsun

Try this site.......www.autocolorlibrary.com

odpl_tray

Hi,
Thanks for that! We have decided to repaint her the original colour but in 2 pack not arcrylic.
Cheers,
Tray :)

Pac. coast Datsun

Glad to help out, what was the original color?

IMH

How were you able to utilize that site?  It only goes back to 1967 for Datsun.

odpl_tray

It's a green colour. There are pictures of her under the 320 Pics - Gerty.
My son has had a look at work (he is a spray painter) and I got a list of colours that were used on Dato's for that year, however it doesn't specify what models etc.
Anyhow now we are sticking with the green and just going to use 2 pack and not arcrylic paint to give it a better finish.

datsunexcells

tray,  Color matching from pictures is iffy,at best; the color of your ute resembles the green on my '71 521 Pick-up (see My '71 521Pick-up, in the 521 photo album). I've painted the cab, fenders, hood, front valances, & tailgate. The box is the original color. I got a surprize when I had paint mixed, using the paint code from the PPG Datsun paint chip, at the auto paint store. When they mixed it from that paint code, it came out Kelly Green, and that's the name that they had for that mix. I had paint mixed from a sample reading that was taken, with a color spectrometer, from the original paint, under the front bumper. What the formula mixed up, matched the original paint ,in hue, but needed a black or blue tint to exactly match the color from under the bumper, and the paint inside the cab. The color name is Mint Green. I believe there's a paint mix code that they print out inside the label to mix additional batches; I can make a copy of it , if you want to use it for a starting point. I just used an acrylic paint on my truck; a base/clearcoat would give you more depth and shine. John

Return to “Datsun 320”