Paint care

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
jeena826

Ok..so I've had my Rogue (Venom Red) for less than a week and I'm already seeing chips! Anyone else experienced this? How is everyone caring for their paint and what, if anything, are you doing to prevent chips? There were a couple of scratches when I took delivery so I'm getting some touch-up paint for free when I go pick up my plates from the dealer. I guess this was a sign of what was to come.

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

How big and deep are these chips?

Are you sure they aren't just nicks in the clearcoat? Try getting some buffing compound (Perfect It III by 3M is great) and a rotary buffer and I bet you'll make those chips disappear.

Some people think wax has gone out of style, but I still like to wax my cars. A nice thick coat of carnuba wax helps keep the shine, but it also helps add another layer that can protect against chips and scratches going deep into the clear or all the way to the base coat.

jeena826

No, they're official chips. You can see it goes all the way down to the metal. When I traded in my sentra, I wound up getting a crappier deal on it because of how bad the paint looked. There were chips everywhere! I don't know if it's poor quality Nissan paint or if I just need to wash and wax like a maniac...

AznJohn22
Car: 08 Nissan Rogue

Eikon wrote:How big and deep are these chips?

Are you sure they aren't just nicks in the clearcoat? Try getting some buffing compound (Perfect It III by 3M is great) and a rotary buffer and I bet you'll make those chips disappear.

Some people think wax has gone out of style, but I still like to wax my cars. A nice thick coat of carnuba wax helps keep the shine, but it also helps add another layer that can protect against chips and scratches going deep into the clear or all the way to the base coat.
I washed my car the other day and notice these small little black dots. It comes right off. But some of them leave a "rusty" look when i try rubbing it off. It got on my rims too. I could rub the "rusty" look off the rims but not the body. I think i pickup on the road. Any suggestion?

Return to “Rogue Forum”