Paddle shifters for 03-05 5AT models

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
goneracin
Car: 2004 G35X Sedan 1990 Mustang conv.

Came across this site. Anybody ever call them about this for a price and availability?

http://www.rarejdm.com/

Paddle shifters for 03-05 G35's!I'm curious as to the price and functionality of this item.

ArizonaG35
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35 Journey Sedan/Premium Pkg. Platinum Graphite

I just installed paddle shifters in my '07 sedan and like them a lot! I would have to say that this is merely a toy though... I think this contributes about as much to performance as a plate of oysters to a guy who can't get it up! Maybe I've just not perfected my timing, but on 3 occasions now the engine has dumped on me for shifting too late with the paddle shifters... when I say dump I mean that I floored it in second gear all the way up to about 6500 rpms then pulled the paddle to go to third and the engine just SHUT DOWN POWER! It stalled for about 3 seconds then the computer finally engaged 3rd and took off like a raped ape... I'm confident that there is no way in the world you can shift faster than the computer in an AT... shifting is much smoother with the AT sport mode and the timing of shifts is much better than I could ever expect to be.

Don't get me wrong, I love the mod, but if I had a do over, Id've saved my money for the exhaust or grounding wires first.

Just my $.02

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

Paddle shifters are a waist if it's an auto...now a true sequential clutch like the GT-R, that's different!

rn79870
Car: 2008 G35 & 2005 Vette C6 vert.

ArizonaG35 wrote:I just installed paddle shifters in my '07 sedan and like them a lot! I would have to say that this is merely a toy though... I think this contributes about as much to performance as a plate of oysters to a guy who can't get it up! Maybe I've just not perfected my timing, but on 3 occasions now the engine has dumped on me for shifting too late with the paddle shifters... when I say dump I mean that I floored it in second gear all the way up to about 6500 rpms then pulled the paddle to go to third and the engine just SHUT DOWN POWER! It stalled for about 3 seconds then the computer finally engaged 3rd and took off like a raped ape... I'm confident that there is no way in the world you can shift faster than the computer in an AT... shifting is much smoother with the AT sport mode and the timing of shifts is much better than I could ever expect to be.

Don't get me wrong, I love the mod, but if I had a do over, Id've saved my money for the exhaust or grounding wires first.

Just my $.02
I'd be willing to bet you hit the 7600rpm safety system shut off. Are you sure it was 6500rpm instead of 7600 rpm?

ArizonaG35
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35 Journey Sedan/Premium Pkg. Platinum Graphite

rn79870 wrote:
I'd be willing to bet you hit the 7600rpm safety system shut off. Are you sure it was 6500rpm instead of 7600 rpm?
You're probably right about the safety shut off. The RPM's were definately up there... could have been closer to 7k but I tried my best to pull the trigger before I hit redline. Just proves my point that the AT sport mode removes the human error equation. Still an enjoyable mod.

ryan_g35
Car: Infiniti G35 silver blacked out =]

if this really comes out i will probably buy them. just because there sweet

heliochrome85
Car: 2006 G35 Sport Coupe Athens Blue/Slate with Sport and Premium Packages--SOLD

yeah seriously. would be a great mod for lola.

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”