P219A code

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
STLien
Car: 2016 Infiniti Q70L 5.6 AWD

What's up everyone,

Check engine light came on while sitting at a stoplight yesterday on my Q70L 5.6 with 102,000 mi. Went to my local Auto Zone and it threw a P219A code. Can't get into my local Infiniti dealer until Monday morning. Just curious what I should be concerned about or look forward to with this code. Is it safe to drive with this code? Did a search for it on this forum and didn't find anything. I know it's a generic code for air fuel ratio imbalance. Thanks in advance!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

If you had a misfire code along with it I'd be more concerned, but if it's by itself you can get it to the dealer with no real worries. It represents an imbalance in your Bank1 A/F ratio, but the A/F Sensor is not a likely suspect. The most common causes are a dirty MAF, spotty injector, or bad fuel, but there's a long list of possible causes. This is from the FSM:
• Fuel injector
• Exhaust gas leaks
• Incorrect fuel pressure
• Mass air flow sensor
• Intake air leaks
• Lack of fuel
• Incorrect PCV hose connection
• Improper spark plug
• Insufficient compression
• The fuel injector circuit is open or shorted
• ignition coil
• The ignition signal circuit is open or shorted

STLien

VStar650CL wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:44 pm
If you had a misfire code along with it I'd be more concerned, but if it's by itself you can get it to the dealer with no real worries. It represents an imbalance in your Bank1 A/F ratio, but the A/F Sensor is not a likely suspect. The most common causes are a dirty MAF, spotty injector, or bad fuel, but there's a long list of possible causes. This is from the FSM:
• Fuel injector
• Exhaust gas leaks
• Mass air flow sensor
• Intake air leaks
• Lack of fuel
• Improper spark plug
• ignition coil
Thank you VStar, appreciate the response! I wonder if it has anything to do with the few times the engine died after starting a couple of months ago 🤔 I have also never had the fuel injectors cleaned since I got the car 3 years ago with 57,000 miles on it.

STLien

Update: the Infiniti dealer said the code only appeared because it was stored in past status. They checked for intake and exhaust leaks and found the sensors to be operating as designed. They suggested fuel induction service and spark plug replacement because of mileage.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

It's entirely possible the code was just a glitch from some slight water in the fuel, garbage in the MAF, or some other temporary condition which cleared itself. The newer ECM's can be really fussy about mixture, so some maintenance can't hurt.

STLien

VStar650CL wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:55 pm
It's entirely possible the code was just a glitch from some slight water in the fuel, garbage in the MAF, or some other temporary condition which cleared itself. The newer ECM's can be really fussy about mixture, so some maintenance can't hurt.
Thanks again for the response and info!

Brian_j77
Car: 2015 Nissan Altima SV 2.5L

VStar650CL wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:44 pm
• Fuel injector
• Exhaust gas leaks
• Mass air flow sensor
• Intake air leaks
• Lack of fuel
• Improper spark plug
• ignition coil
I don't know if I'm even doing this right, but something @vstar650vl wrote made me have to sign up and write this. If everyone can help me get this to him it would be great.

Vstar,

You said "if you had a misfire code along with it I'd be more concerned" it being a P219A code the it was referring to. Well I have a P0300 along with my P219A. How bad is that? I can't seem to figure out what's going to fix it. Everything from the gas I buy to a position sensor could be it. I have a 2015 altima 2.5 sv.

Tomorrow I'm replacing 5 sensors because I don't know what else to do. Any inside you or anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Brian

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

P0300 is a multiple-cylinder misfire. That's always serious, because unburned fuel can overheat and kill your catalysts. I'd take a hard look at your bank1 coils and plugs before anything else.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”