P2101 on a ‘15 Versa

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
Bennew11
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SV

I have a 2015 Nissan versa SV that is throwing a P2101 code. I just changed my coils and spark plugs as well as the intake manifold gasket and the throttlebody gasket. Before I replaced the above mentioned items I was getting a P 300 code. That code is since gone away but now the P 2101 code is appearing.I also re-learned the accelerator , the throttle and the idle. I hope I did it right. The car seems to run fine though! Is the car safe for me to drive like this? What should I do?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The most likely causes of a recurring P2101 with no other codes are (in order), 1) a dirty Throttle Body, 2) wiring breaking internally where the harness loops from the harness body to the TB connector, 3) a bad TB.

Bennew11
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SV

Thanks for your response. I hope it’s not a broken wire. The car seems to work fine. I have no problems accelerating. It’s idling at about 800 rpm. I would expect acceleration problems with throttle body wiring? Do you think the car is safe to drive?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The problem with the TB wiring in the Versa is that it makes a big, unsupported loop on the last leg into the TB, making it vulnerable to vibration and fatigue. The good part is, failures usually occur right there in the loop where it's easily accessed and repaired. The car is probably throwing the code intermittently, which isn't unusual regardless of the cause. That means the ECM is probably catching an irregularity that's happening too fast for us humans to notice. So it should be safe to drive unless you start seeing symptoms. The first thing to do is make sure the back side (and especially the back edge) of the throttle butterfly is squeaky clean. That's where 90%+ of TB issues happen.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

If the work induced a very slight vacuum leak then TB trying to close off a perceived slightly open too wide condition might overclose the throttle plate to then be stuck.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”