P1320 No Misfire

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
SolarReaper
Car: 2000 Q45

2000 Q45 anniversary edition.

I just got a code for p1320 which seems to usually be for bad coil packs. I've also read that the code can sometimes be for the cranshaft position sensor. The reason I don't think it is a coil pack is because there are no misfires at idle or under load. Also the TCS and slip light occasionaly come on and then go off. Any advice for trying to track this issue down?

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

Having not owned a Y33 series Q, I don't know how noticeable a random misfire would be. I'm wondering how sensitive the ECU is to detecting misfires...is it detecting just a few misfires that would be hardly noticeable, or should it be a bouncing idle before the light comes on? Hopefully someone who's been through it will chime in. If you clear the code does it come back immediately?

If you haven't replaced your spark plugs with the OEM specified NGK plug in a while, it might be worth doing that service, as well as a fuel filter, and possibly a fuel system pressurized flush. Eliminate the easy "maintenance you'd be doing anyway" stuff first.

SolarReaper
Car: 2000 Q45

That's a good idea to take care of that easy maintenence first. To answer your other question, no the code takes about a week or two to come back on after I clear it.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”