P0868 cvt

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
A1Versa
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa SL

Is there anyone here know what is the solution for this code p0868 low fluid pressure in cvt transmission.I would like to know if this is cause by the pump or valve body electracal componets . car is 2009 nissan versa 14500km

macgiver

Ever had CVT fluid changed , w/dropping pan , blowing out pickup screen or better replace it, and observing "particles" that WILL be in there .
Any pieces bigger than " dot made by a pen" supposed to be accelerated/progressive wear .
Consensus here in general seems to be this style fluid change 30-35k mi .
Do it today if you haven't done so.
For, combination low on fluid coupled with debris clogging "things" , likely ,AND possibly salvaged this way.

EconoDeluxe1.6s

Agree on at least trying a pan drop, filter change and topping back up with new CVT juice. Like most any transmission these days. So few have the means to troubleshoot them, unless it's a simple component swap, the only fix is to replace the transmission.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Likely low line pressure due to pump wear or other.

A1Versa
Car: 2009 Nissan Versa SL

macgiver thanks for you response i did fluid drain and fill but never drop the pan I know there is two filter in there one is a paper filter and other is strainer type. and also I should mention i did clear the code and it did not came back but i am having a little surging in high speed on highway and hope it is not the pump as amc49 said. thanks guys

macgiver

It's always good on these CVT's that if you want to change fluid , to also drop pan and OBSERVE ALL , clean/save any debris , take photos , clean off pan & magnets , blow screen -use new O-ring , etc. This should be done at least the first 3 times refilled for a "baseline" observational status, ya know.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”