P010C, P2122, P2138

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
DversaNote3
Car: 2014 Versa Note

Hello to all.

I recently set the timing on my EX35 and driver's side hub. Upon finishing, I buttoned everything up and went for a start. Unfortunately, the car started to idle higher than normal and I received the following codes (P010C, P2122, P2138). I looked everything over, reset the ECU , changed the throttle body, MAF sensor, and executed the relearn procedure via OEM diagnostic tools (scan tool).

After unplugging everything and trying again the next day... the vehicle's idle has settled down to around 900ish, but it hunts and drops down to 550s occaisionally. The pedal is not active with the brake depressed. The vehicle is in a limp mode. Live data indicated that the ignition timing was 5* BTDC. Is this normal? I wonder if there is a problem with the timing or if the throttle body is creating ignition timing issues?

Any thoughts and input are appreciated.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Timing is completely under control of the ECM, so if it's running limpy then the exact value doesn't necessarily mean anything. The P010C is for the bank2 MAF and the other two are for problems with the APP sensor (accelerator pedal), which wouldn't seem to be related. Exactly what did you have apart?

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”