P0100 2001 PATHFINDER

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
PALFINGERTECH
Car: 2001 Nissan Pathfinder R50

I have searched far and wide on the forum for the last 2 days for the specific issues I am having but to no avail. I have a build date of July 2001. 3.5L engine. I have a code P0100 and nothing else. At start up it will drive normal the first few miles and then trip the SES. Pathy goes in to limp home mode. 2,500 rpm limit and shuttering at idle at times.

I have checked wiring, cleaned the MAF sensor, replaced with OEM sensor twice. I even pulled the main harness off the firewall and gave it a Nintendo blow.

I had my local auto parts store let me barrow the best brand new scan tool they had to see if I can see a way to force a relearn to the MAF. There was not a option on the tool. I went to live data and saw that the MAF sensor is reading the higher air flow when I stepped on the gas pedal. So it is reading the sensor is there but will not erase it. Only my cheap blue point code reader can erase it. but it comes back with in a few miles.

I'm in a bad way at this moment as the wife's car is down with blown cat converters and my work/service truck is at Kenworth getting some love as the air compressor on the motor tried to detach itself rather explosively. So I need some help in getting this thing in working order so we can get the kiddos to and from school. thanx guys

mdmellott
Car: '13 Kia Soul+ 2.0L AT
'02 Pathfinder SE 3.5L AT P/4WD

According to the FSM, page EC-151, there are five different on-board diagnosis logic malfunctions that will flag a P0100 code but only one of them will also cause the ECM to enter into a fail-safe mode which will not allow the engine to rise above 2400rpm due to a forced fuel cut. https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... 1.5/ec.pdf For this Malfunction B, as it's referred to in the FSM, there are three possible causes indicated. (1) Harness or connectors where the sensor circuit is open or shorted. (2) Intake air leaks. (3) Mass air flow sensor. Since you have already replaced the MAF sensor and also checked the harness and connectors, that leaves intake air leaks as the most probable cause of your issue. The question is; Where is the leak coming from? The main intake air duct connected to the throttle body and its connected hoses as well as the vacuum lines to the upper intake plenum are the first and most obvious sources of leaks to check first.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”