P0014 and P0300

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Jumpin4a2ndgen
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue

Background: 2015 73kmiles 2nd Gen Rogue
Drove maybe 2 miles to the store with no issues. Got back in to drive home and it slugged on starting and idle was studdering. No lights on or anything at that time. I drove home making sure not to stop as it drove fine besides while idle. When I was pulling into the street engine light popped on. I pulled the codes and got a p0014 and a p0300. Multiple misfires detected and the camshaft position sensor. I popped the hood and pulled the 2 sensors on the drivers side upper portion. I did read that the p0300 was the bank 1 and ordered one. I replaced it and no change. Cleared the codes and the same ones came back. I have clean oil and the level it no low. When I wiped off the 2 sensors the oil was clean. I also did not notice anything wrong with the harness. I really do not want to take this to Nissan as I feel they always end up doing something to have you come back for another repair. Any other ideas on what to try? I did check the spark plugs and everything seems in good working order. I am 90% sure that I did change the correct sensor. There are 2 of them on the drivers side motor bay and I did the one closer to the firewall even though they are only like 2 inches apart from each other. Same part number so I did try swapping out both and no change.

Jumpin4a2ndgen
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue

Have been researching and read variable timing solenoid has been fixing peoples issues. Anyone have any diagrams on where this is located on the rogue? Ive seen the maxima and seems like a lot of part removal.

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

According to the Rogue FSM, any of these things will throw the P0014 code

POSSIBLE CAUSE
• Crankshaft position sensor (POS)
• Camshaft position sensor (PHASE)
• Exhaust valve timing control position sensor
• Exhaust valve control solenoid valve
• Accumulation of debris to the signal pick-up portion of the camshaft
• Timing chain installation
• Foreign matter caught in the oil groove for exhaust valve timing control

Go to page 184 in the EC section of the FSM
https://nicoclub.com/FSM/Rogue/2015%20Rogue/ec.pdf

On page 49 in the EM section there is a diagram that will help you locate and identify the solenoid valves
https://nicoclub.com/FSM/Rogue/2015%20Rogue/em.pdf

Return to “Rogue Forum”