Overheating issues need some help

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
Gooseman
Car: 1992 nissan 240sx s13

I have a stock 1992 nissan 240sx s13 it has been overheating. I saw some bubbles in the overflow tank so I assumed there was air in the system so I did a flush and went ahead and changed the thermostat and water pump. I drove around for a couple of minutes and everything was fine didn't drive it after that. the next day I went out to pick up a friend when I arrived everything was normal but while I waited for him which wasn't that long maybe like 5 mins the needle went up to the line under H and I heard bubbling from the overflow tank and it was clearly hot. anyone now what it could be?

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Did you wait long enough to fully bleed the system of air after the change? A couple minutes is NOT enough, the stat not opened yet and a whopping air bubble under it.

And driven originally long enough continuing to overheat then engine damage.............'has been overheating.' seems say it's been doing it more than once. Cars cannot take that well at all.

Gooseman
Car: 1992 nissan 240sx s13

amc49 wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:15 pm
Did you wait long enough to fully bleed the system of air after the change? A couple minutes is NOT enough, the stat not opened yet and a whopping air bubble under it.

And driven originally long enough continuing to overheat then engine damage.............'has been overheating.' seems say it's been doing it more than once. Cars cannot take that well at all.
After the first time it overheated I didn't drive it for a week. Until I had the free time to do the flush and change waterpump and thermostat. After I did that is when I drove again and it overheated again and didn't drive it afterwards. I'm gonna spend more time trying to bleed it see if that is it.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”