Overheating and Slow Radiator Fan

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
njjuliano
Car: 2010 M45X

Had an overflow of coolant burbling and coming through the reservoir so I had it towed to the dealership, this was after driving 35 minutes beforehand, 2 hours at Top Golf, then 15 minutes then it happened. Dealership says its radiator leak on bottom right from pressure test. Went ahead and had it done. New radiator, new hoses, new temp sensor.

Got it back Tuesday, drove it home, 10 minutes. Drove it that night, 10 minutes. Engine bay warm, but temp still half way.

Drove it 45 minutes today, temp held to half gauge. Paused at stores and lunch, 2 hours. Drove 15 minutes, temp was at H. Pulled over, and noticed that the fan, with temp at H, was struggling to stay on. It would go on, and stop, go on, then stop. It will not fully go on either.

Learning from last time I had to limp it to dealership, I had the AC on to get fan on, but kept the level of fan on low. That made the temp go 3/4 gauge.

Called dealership to return, but have it in garage with fan on engine bay. Any possible diagnosis?

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Maybe your fan relay is acting up? Its possible they did a shoddy job and there is air in the system as well? You could try manually burping the system yourself...

bicsintegra
Car: '06 Infiniti M35
'06 Infiniti G35 coupe
'11 Ford F-150 FX4
'13 Ford Edge Sport

i had the same thing it was my fan relay and fan shroud needed to be replaced, I do not know how it was cracked and hanging on for dear life.

LIBRILZ
Car: 1990 Nissan 300zx
2007 M45 Sport

I bought a replacement fan relay (beck arnly) and my fans would do the same thing, this was a new relay by the way, I was out of town and the fans wouldn't come on, luckily I had my old relay that just keeps the fans on all the time laying in my trunk!

moftz
Car: 2006 M35x, 140k mi

bicsintegra wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:58 am
i had the same thing it was my fan relay and fan shroud needed to be replaced, I do not know how it was cracked and hanging on for dear life.
My fan shroud had one of the mounting tabs broken off. I drilled a hole through both and ziptied them together.

yomoms16
Car: infinity m35 x

Change your fan control module that little square looking box attached to your fan. My kid brother has a m35 as well and he had the same symptoms you describe. Would either run too cool or over heat..

Try bleading your coolant system before seeing that you just had a radiator replacenent before changing the fan control module . There is a bleeder screw by the passenger firewall open that up and pour coolant until you see it starts to over flow from the tht bleeder screw.

midnightclub619
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35x

moftz wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:28 am
bicsintegra wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:58 am
My fan shroud had one of the mounting tabs broken off. I drilled a hole through both and ziptied them together.
I had this same issue where my fan shroud tabs just broke off and i didn't know for how long it was like that. Fortunately, the tube that connects to the top of the radiator cap was luckily holding it in place. What I did to do a cheap fix was go to Home Depot and picked up a piece of metal with the pre-drilled holes. it was about 3ft or 4ft long, sorry but I don't know the actual name of that piece. I cut about 9 inches and bent it so it would act as a brace and hold the fan shroud in place. I was able to use the same screws from the tabs that broke off. I've had it like this for 3 weeks now and still holding up strong.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”