Overheating after warm up driving.

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
j30newb
Car: 1993 Infiniti J30 Base model.

Fellas I need some help, I recently bought a 1993 J30 Base. Had the worst looking fluid in the Rad (sorry didn't take a photo), but needless to say it was brown. Anyhow i had the J flushed put a new Rad cap, bought a Clutch fan (which haven't installed yet either) and cleaned the MAF sensor also, now my front of the engines making a helacious noise,it ceases for the most part after it warms up, but After the J warms up and I'll drive it for alittle while like maybe 15-20 minutes it starts to pass the normal operating temperature Mark, but cools quickly after I turn it off and let it sit for couple O minutes. No water coming out tail pipe, Coolants still flowing through Radiator, AND WP ISN'T LEAKING. Has anyone experienced this type of behavior with their J? The Noise stops after the J's all nice and toasty but like I said, gets hot after about 15-20 minutes of driving after reaching operating temperature. Plus, the motors still got good pick up (changed plugs, and air filter also). I'm thinking the WP just need replacing. If you have any insight as to this weird issue please hit me up need the help this car and its quirks are weird to me. I also know the Clutch Fans pretty much toast (no rigidity to it when turned). :wtf2: :ohno:

gsf1200s
Car: 1993 J30 (no longer with us)
2012 Nissan Versa
2003 Chevy Silverado
2003 Suzuki Bandit
1971 Honda CB750k1

Do you know for sure coolant is flowing? might be worth checking thermostat.

fourdrinie
Car: 97 J30

I would replace the thermostat....and if that fails, the radiator.

j30newb
Car: 1993 Infiniti J30 Base model.

I believe it is because it takes a bit to warm up. Plus, the temp gauge needle operates like normal.
But the front end of the motor makes noise till the engine gets nice and toasty. Then, when it gets cold the noise starts right back up every time.

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”