Over torqued hub nuts

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
kelwyn
Car: 2012 Rogue SE

Hey tried searching but didn't find anything similar, my apologies if it has been covered. Changed the front hubs without disconnecting the knuckle from struts or
control arm. It was a pain but it worked. I read the wrong torque settings on the manual and torqued the bolts to 122 instead of 65. I realized as soon as I was done of the mistake and loosened them and torqued them right. Car wasn't driven, was still on jack stands. Do I need to worry?

macgiver

Now I hear it's " put back altogether " , right ...but a visual is a start , like do stud AND nut threads LOOK fine ? Warning about trying to ' chase ' threads with tap/die - may ONLY remove UN-NECESSARILY much more material than NEEDED , Ya ?

So , IF you may simply wire brush safe = brass bristle , STEEL bristle more aggressive ....and maybe too aggressive , and IF you wanted to spray ANYTHING such as a WD etc. ....WIPE OFF WELL any excess , for wheel threads kinda NOT sposed to be lubed heavily or AT ALL ! You DO want to put a very light film of anti-seize ONLY on the beveled SHOULDER of the lug-NUTS to guard against gauling of the nut to rim contact area (very small , do sparingly ) YA

Return to “Rogue Forum”