Outside Temperature Gauge Malfunction

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
CFTconnet
Car: G37 Convertible

Hey guys,

So I leased a new 2009 G37 Convertible (every package included except for the sports) on Feb. 19, 2010 and today I noticed an issue with the Outside Temperature gauge. While it has been cold in NJ, today was a nice 60+ degree day. On my way to work this morning the temperature gauge was most likely accurate with a reading of 41 degrees. But when I went out for lunch, around 12:30 PM my temperature gauge read 36 degrees when it was clearly somewhere in the mid-60's. I arrived at my destination hoping that upon the next start up the reading would correct itself. When I started up my car about an hour and half later, the Outside temperature gauge still read at 36 degrees, as my drive home continued the temperature gauge climbed to about 46 degrees but it was definitely in the mid-60's outside. I was driving with the top down and even needed to put on my seat coolers.Any ideas? Anyone else have this problem?

Cobra_Kai_84
Car: 2009 G37S convertible - Athens Blue/Graphite, Premium, Sport, Nav, rear deck spoiler

I have had my convertible since July 2009, and my temperature gauge has gone wonky probably 3-4 times.

Mine usually corrects itself later that day, or maybe even the next day, and it certainly is a gradual correction when it does start to come around. I don't have a reasonable explanation for it, since it happens just out of the blue, and I keep my car garaged at work and home.

I have only had my car in for service for my first oil change and I didn't even mention it to service. If it happens again before my next scheduled service, then I may say something. Again, it doesn't seem to last long when it goes off. Anyone have any idea why this does this in the first place?

I have noticed that the outside temp gauge tends to read a couple to few degrees higher than the actual outside temp, since the gauge is located at the front of the car near the engine. This is especially noticeable when it is really hot out, which is alot here in AZ

CFTconnet
Car: G37 Convertible

Thanks for the reply Cobra.Sure enough, it corrected itself a few hours after my post (yesterday) and is working perfectly today!

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

I thought my temp gauge malfunctioned too but it really was 72 in the metro NY area yesterday! Spring has sprung & the top is down.

ldhan

My car did the same thing today!!! I was searching around the net looking for answers and came across your post. I have had my 08 G35 since it first came out and this is the first time it has done it. The outside temp. was around mid 70s around lunch time and the sensor read low 40s. My car is black and parked outside. I drove around for a short while later in the afternoon and it slowly climbed up a couple of degrees but yet to make it to 50, while it must be around 80 outside. Hopefully the problem will resolve itself somehow like the other posts suggested. I would certainly understand if it reads higher than usual on a hot day, but way below? This is just weird. If you find more definitive answers, please do share.

Thanks,

Don

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”