Osram has done it again !

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

First, a bit of background. My M uses the D2S HID xenon bulbs. Also it's good to know how bulbs are measured in terms of color output and brightness on the roadway.
Kelvin (k) measures the color on the light spectrum. Lower k equals warmer (less white) color. Lux measures the actual brightness of the light field created in front of your car. As lux increases, the brightness increases.
My M came with the D2S 66240 xenon HIDs. They are certainly good, reliable bulbs. They made a 4300k color and produced about 315 lux. In other words, they have a warm white light and shine well in front of you, but not as well as newer Infiniti models. I wanted a whiter, farther shining bulb so I upgraded to Osram 66240 CBI (cool blue intense). They made a whiter color (5000k) and slightly more light output: 340 lux. The difference was truly night and day and I was very pleased.
Then Osram developed the 66240 CBH (cool blue hyper) and I upgraded again. These made a whiter 5500k (slightly more white) BUT significantly brighter: 415 lux. That's 100 lux brighter than OEM and a true daylight type white on the roadway in front of you. The cutoff was also perfect - just a bit lower than the door handle of the car in the next lane and definitely not interfering with cars in front or cars approaching in the opposite direction. These bulbs come close, but not as white as the newest LEDs that BMWs and Mercs use and they shine just as far and with the same cutoff height.
Now, Osram has developed the 66240 CBB (cool blue boost). Osram says tese make a 7000k color, but not to my eyes. They are a bit whiter than the CBH bulbs I replaced, but no sign of the blueish tint I imagined from a 7000k bulb. They are slightly more blue when they first switch on, but in a minute or so when they warm up, it like noon-day sun in front of the car - not blue at all. However, the HUGE difference is the brightness of the white color. These produce 460 lux! That's 50 more lux than the CBH and 150 more lux than OEM. These bulbs truly rival the newest BMW / Merc LED headlamps in both color AND distance with that same safe cutoff height. On a 4 lane motorway, these light up all 4 lanes and shine farther than most the cars near you. On a standard dual roadway, they illuminate both lanes, the walkways, and even the shrubs on both sides with a noon-day sun.
I have a video that begins with just my DRLs lighted, then switching on the headlamps manually to show ow they go from blue to daylight. It begins in a random neighborhood where I surprise a rather large scary bird, then in my neighborhood at the beach, and finally, on a 5-lane motorway using the 66240 CBH bulbs. I will soon make a new video driving with these new CBB bulbs. When it begins, click on the YouTube icon lower left and go to full screen to see how wide and far the light field is. Notice how my lights over shine the cars near me as I pass, also the sharp cutoff so not to blind cars in front or cars approaching from the opposite direction.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Nice Larz!

DaSerb
Car: '07 M45s
'16 CX9

Just got them....thanks for the info.

DaSerb
Car: '07 M45s
'16 CX9

Don't have pics of stocks to compare them with.

Not disappointed for sure.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”