Oregon Vert Intro

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
music24
Car: s13 Convertible

Hey guys I never introduced my self but I have had my convertible since winter 2009 after scary crash with my old S13 hatch. I was in school going to University of Wyoming when the accident happened.

So with the insurance money I found this gem!

The interior is just as flawless as the the outside and everything works perfectly.

Things I have done to the car since I bought it
- change it to a 5speed with all parts from the dealership for a factory look.
-I have figured out how to make cruise control work so if anyone has any questions about wiring or any questions about the swap feel free to email me!
-Replace the rear window so feel free to ask me questions about that too.

I am currently majoring in Electronic Engineering at University of Wyoming so car projects are going to have to wait but my
Plans include:
-HLSD
-Small roll cage for the back only (i really like the look of one with foam wrapping it)
-Koni Yellows with ground control sleves
-Some nice wheels
-I would like RB20 further down the road

I enjoy this car alot! I feel very lucky to have one and be part of this community.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Howdy and welcome.

krash
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx Convertible

Welcome to the club! That first picture of the vert looks cool. What the heck happened to your hatch?

music24

I was traveling from Laramie WY to Cheyenne WY on I-80. I was in the left hand lane, in a pack of cars, passing a few semi-trucks that were lined up in the right hand lane. As i was about to pass the last truck, I saw there was a subaru traveling between the trucks, so I proceeded to continue my pass seeing that the woman driver is not signaling for a lane change or is looking around to get into my lane. As I am side by side with her she begins to merge abruptly into me. I couldn't speed up because at 8500ft elevation the KA has no torque or power, and I couldnt slam on my brakes because the guy behind me was way to close; in an 90's Explorer, he would have not been able to brake as fast as me. So after analyzing this, I decided to just pull off the road as much as I can till she sees me, but she never did and forced me off the road. We never made contact with our cars which the police officer later thanked me for, because he predicted it would have ended much worse. But while sliding in the grass, I came extremely close to the other side and while steering away from the oncoming traffic, I hit a snow melt drainage ditch that launched the car in the air, destroyed the bottom of the engine, and ripped the wheel off. I walked away safely with just a minor knee injury from pushing on the brakes so hard.

^picture of how close I came to oncoming traffic.

Everyone who witnessed the accident stopped and testified in my favor. Very lucky situation!!!

Thank you for asking

cmkelly
Car: 1992 240sx Vert, 2006 Acura TL, 2001 Pathfinder LE, 1996 4Runner 4x4

Welcome and glad you are safe!

music24

HOW TO: WORKING CRUISE CONTROL in a AUTO to 5-speed swapped cars.
There is an Inhibitor relay underneath the the stock air box.
Labeled "N&P / Clutch"

Pull out the relay

Now using a short wire and a spade connector at each end,
connect terminal three and four at the harness end, pictured below (Numbers are located on the inside of the relay, match the number to harness connector). See picture.

This causes the ASCD Control Module to think its not in Drive or Neutral, therefore allowing cruise to work.With the jumper in place, I tested my car with a test drive and Cruise control worked normally under every possible condition. The next step to making cruise control factory is wiring the clutch pedal.

Switch on the left is the Clutch interlock switch (aka cant start car with out clutch pedal pressed in), Switch on the right is the ASCD Second Cancel switch in place of metal stopper. What I did is I used the Clutch Interlock switch and placed in place of where the ASCD cancel switch will go (on the right of the picture)
(in this picture I do not have the right switch for the ASCD cancel switch so I ended up using my clutch interlock switch as a ASCD cancel switch and placed the metal stopper where the clutch switch goes)

Lastly all you got to do is wire up the relocated clutch cancel switch (now your Clutch ASCD cancel switch) in series with the Brake Pedal ASCD cancel switch.

THEORY: ASCD System is canceled when the cancel circuit is interrupted AKA circuit is broken. The clutch cancel switch works because when it is pressed in, it is closed thus completing the circuit. When placed on top of the clutch pedal it is always closed when the pedal is not depressed, therefore completing the ASCD circuit and allowing it to function. As soon as you press the clutch pedal in, the clutch switch is opened and the ASCD circuit is opened, thus turning off ASCD system. Same happens at the brake pedal. When both Brake ASCD Cancel Switch and Clutch ASCD cancel switch are connected in series, when either of the switches are triggered, they disable cruise control aka ASCD system.

Enjoy!

ka-t4u

is it really this easy to get the cruise to work??? does your top work too???

94_240sx
Car: 94_240SX

Wow! I'm impressed. As far as brake switch goes, that's how s14 people make their cruise control work after the swap. Didn't know I have to hot wire the relay. I have all the switches, so I will definitely give this a try.

BTW, clean white vert. Looking great. Please take good care of it.

music24

^Will take great care of it. I love your vert! its an inspiration to me!!!

94_240sx

I did exactly what you said, but cruise doesn't work. Oh, well...

music24

how did you wire up your convertible when you did the swap? and did cruse control work before your 5 speed swap??

Let me know, ill take a look at the wiring diagrams to see where the issue could be.

94_240sx

music24 wrote:how did you wire up your convertible when you did the swap? and did cruse control work before your 5 speed swap??

Let me know, ill take a look at the wiring diagrams to see where the issue could be.
My wiring is no different than write up. Yes, cruise worked before the swap.

music24

take a picture of your jumper wire and how its positioned in the relay slots. Also were you going at least over 30mph when you tested cruse control?

Roginooo
Car: s13 vert

[quote="music24"][/quote]

You got a clean ride, good find. I'm going to give a try on that tomorrow.

Ilya240sx
Car: 1992 240SX Convertible

Its been a while! I finished school, moved to texas, time to play. I forgot my last password to my previous screen name and i no longer have access to the registered email to that screen name so I got another name.

So I got some of these (Stance Pro Comp)

Car looked like this

Which led to to this

And after a string alignment in the drive way, the result was this

Little Glamour Shot

What I noticed in the last couple of days is that the tire i am running is now my softest part of the suspension and is creating to much unwanted bounce. Mind you, I am running a 215/65/15 tire all around, it is meaty, and it does bulge like crazy, but the sidewall is too tall for a stiff suspension. So next up is new wheels and tires. I did get the Stance Coilovers with the 60mm shock tube which is larger than most coilovers so it will be interesting to see what size of of wheels I will and will not be able to fit

Thamm
Car: 2001 Lexus IS300, 2003 Toyota Matrix, 1993 Honda Civic

That looks great! Made me wish I kept my vert :(

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”