Ordered new struts today...

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
phenryiv1
Car: 2003 Sentra SE-R SpecV

Ordered new Tokico Illumina struts today for the rear of the I30.

That is all.

:)

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Are you excited?

Fred...:)

maxhopper
Car: 02 Maxima SE 6spd

I think you'll be very happy with them.

silkk
Car: 94 B13, 89 S13, 07 S2000

horray!

MetaOrbit
Car: Black 2002 Infiniti I35 Sport

Be VERY excited. I just put Illumina struts and Tein H-tech springs on the front of my I35 this past week.

Illuminas are badass.

phenryiv1

I am excited. Thank you for sharing with me in my time of joy. :D

I HOPE to pair them with Tein H-Techs. I have AGX up front. If the H-tech deal falls through , I am still on Intrax, but might think abotu the newer style of H&R.

cullenj76
Car: 99 Q45t 04 SRT-4

phenryiv1 wrote:I am excited. Thank you for sharing with me in my time of joy. :D

I HOPE to pair them with Tein H-Techs. I have AGX up front. If the H-tech deal falls through , I am still on Intrax, but might think abotu the newer style of H&R.
The htech deal will NEVARRRR fall through:eek:

Why only the rear. Do you have blues up front or something?

phenryiv1

Sorry, I got bust @ work, plus with the org back up I had to do some sig policing and learn the software.

Anyway, i have AGX all around right now. The Intrax are more stiff than what I wanted, but the Illuminas will help control the rear a lot better than the AGX, from what I hear. Up front, things are fine. I had run tokico HP all aroung w/ H&R and loved it (this was on the max), and besides- the rears were $160 shipped for the pair. I sold my AGX rears (slightly used but not leaking or blown) for $120.

Later I can get illumina fronts, if I really want to.

phenryiv1

Cullen-Is this you on the H-techs?

Also, IF they are still on the car, can you measure center-of-hub to wheel arch (directly above the hub)? I want to get a feel for the difference in ride height, particularly in the rear.

cullenj76

phenryiv1 wrote:Cullen-Is this you on the H-techs?

Also, IF they are still on the car, can you measure center-of-hub to wheel arch (directly above the hub)? I want to get a feel for the difference in ride height, particularly in the rear.

Yup, that is with the H-tech coils installed. I told NISTECH that I'd take some pictures for him today, so I'll go ahead and take some better pics of the car and measure the center of the hub to the center of the wheel well for you.

phenryiv1

Cullen- did you ever get the measurements of the distances that I saked about?

phenryiv1

Struts arrived and are installed. I love the feel and ride, as compared to the AGX in the rear.

Now all that I need to do is swap out the Intrax for H-Techs and I will be set...

cullenj76

phenryiv1 wrote:Struts arrived and are installed. I love the feel and ride, as compared to the AGX in the rear.

Now all that I need to do is swap out the Intrax for H-Techs and I will be set...
Sorry I have not checked my e-mail. I have so many email accounts I sometimes forget to check them all. The struts came in on Monday. They look like they have closer to 150,000 miles rather than the 50,000 that I was told by the seller. Anyway, I am going to go back to stock suspension this weekend along with as many other parts as I can get off:( :( :( So they will be ready to ship out on Monday or Tuesday.:D

MetaOrbit

phenryiv1 wrote:Struts arrived and are installed. I love the feel and ride, as compared to the AGX in the rear.

Glad you like the ride. *I* just ordered Illuminas for the rear of my car and have decided to go ahead and install the rear h-techs on mine to complement the front. I'm hoping to kill off this horrid understeer that resulted from lowering the front.

phenryiv1

MetaOrbit wrote:Glad you like the ride. *I* just ordered Illuminas for the rear of my car and have decided to go ahead and install the rear h-techs on mine to complement the front. I'm hoping to kill off this horrid understeer that resulted from lowering the front.

SWA has a deal in the yahoo store for $160 shipped for the rear PAIR. I like these so well that I may do the fronts in a few months.

phenryiv1

cullenj76 wrote:Sorry I have not checked my e-mail. I have so many email accounts I sometimes forget to check them all. The struts came in on Monday. They look like they have closer to 150,000 miles rather than the 50,000 that I was told by the seller. Anyway, I am going to go back to stock suspension this weekend along with as many other parts as I can get off:( :( :( So they will be ready to ship out on Monday or Tuesday.:D

Just let me know. I have payment for mine pending until I get the all-clear from you.

MetaOrbit

phenryiv1 wrote:SWA has a deal in the yahoo store for $160 shipped for the rear PAIR. I like these so well that I may do the fronts in a few months.

Eh, $160 for the rear on an A32 only :(

I already paid $205 shipped for the rear anyway. It's alright though. I paid a cheap $240 shipped for the front pair. So I'm coming out about even if I'd just purchased the full set at once.

Got a great deal on my H-Tech's through SWA though :)

phenryiv1

I am getting a great deal on mine through our man Cullen...

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”