Ordered Coupe Today!!

All things Altima Coupe.
gachrist_3.5
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 3.5SE CVT Dark Slate - Premium Package, VDC 95 Nissan Altima SE

So today I decided to take the plunge and ordered my Coupe (3.5 SE, dark slate, premium package, VDC, and kick plates). Almost was going to get one today when the sales manager said that they had 2.9% financing, until I said that I thought that was just for the sedan. I guess he got them mixed up or something. Got it for 29500 out the door with taxes, title and fees.

Anyway he said it would take about 10 weeks, I guess they can't order the car until the beginning of the month, and then something about nissan not starting production on the car for a month, and then taking a month to build?? I dunno.

On a side note, I asked if I could get the car without the floor mats (I figured the mats were gonna get messed up quick enough, and I planned on getting all-season mats anyway). Apparently you can't do that, the mats come with it even though theyre a separate option. The sales manager wrote that I would like the vehicle without floor mats, so we'll see what happens.

Also, I got a price for the all-season mats ($60ish dollars at cost), and the floor mats are 130ish at cost, whats up with that??

So now I start the countdown...hopefully I'll keep sane.

mikemart
Car: Silver Altima Coupe 2.5S CVT. Author of the greatest post ever.

Hey! Welcome!I waited 9 1/2 weeks for my 2.5S Conv. Pkg + Moonroof, CVT. I too said that I did not want floor mats OR moon roof wind deflector. The salesman said he wouldn't put them on the order form, but he couldn't guarantee the car wouldn't come with them anyways. Funny--my order wasn't officially processed for 8 more days after I thought I ordered it.

Got the car 2 weeks ago and I love it! It came w/o deflector but with kick plates and floor mats---which I got for free because I didn't ask for them. I'm sure they make up the cost in other places. They really pushed that fabric guard and clear bra!

SHIFT_2.5S
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 2.5S

Congrats on the purchase and welcome! You got it for a good price, and 10 weeks is approximately right, give or take a couple. Be patient and enjoy your car when it arrives.

mikemart

SHIFT_2.5S wrote: Be patient and enjoy your car when it arrives.
Yeah---don't be like me and post a new thread every time your salesman blows his nose. You'll get tons of hate mail.

SHIFT_2.5S

mikemart wrote:
Yeah---don't be like me and post a new thread every time your salesman blows his nose. You'll get tons of hate mail.
Heh, I remember those days in August. Mike would practically update us on a daily basis with a countdown... 5 weeks 6 days left, 5 weeks 5 days left... This forum was flooded at one point.

mikemart

Don't forget that I am the author of the greatest post ever!!!

aahh, I was so young back then. It seems like only yesterday that I was a newb on NICO. So shy and naive; willing to believe anything the older kids said....desperate for their approval...............wanting so badly to be accepted...

Cali 2 Balti G
Car: Desert Platinum G35 Coupe
Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Toyota Sequoia

SHIFT_2.5S wrote:
Heh, I remember those days in August. Mike would practically update us on a daily basis with a countdown... 5 weeks 6 days left, 5 weeks 5 days left... This forum was flooded at one point.
Now Mike is replacing the pre-order update posts with posts like:

I'm going to pre-order foglightsI ordered foglightsI received foglightsI'm going to put on foglights today but it is 8 days later and I don't know how to put on foglights

I suspect we may eventually see a post titled "Rare AC Coupe foglights for sale" eventually followed by "Has anyone installed turn signal mirrors on the base AC coupe?"

P.S. The AC foglights are listed above as rare because the people who really wanted them got them with the car from the factory.

Mikemart - You are still a newbie (see examples of foglight posts above)

I've had my G since May and I can tell you that Nissan cars are very tightly packaged - by that i mean to replace, or modify most things you will need to remove something else. You should have at least basic mechanical knowledge and tools. I'm not sure if a repair manual is out for the AC yet but that would be a critical investment - especially if you are trying to piece together and install factory items. Otherwise you are at the mercy of the dealer and after a while you may end up having paid more than if you had just ordered the car that way.

Gachrist - good luck with your purchase and your patience.

SHIFT_2.5S

C'mon Balti G, cut him some slack.

jdshift
Car: 2019 Nissan Altima/ 2015 Nissan Altima 3.5/ 2014 infiniti qx70s 5.0

Congrats and enjoy the ride!!

mikemart

Cali 2 Balti G wrote:
Mikemart - You are still a newbie
Holy Sh*t!! Cali! Where You been man? I thought maybe you went back to prison! Yeah, I guess I am still a newbie but thats ok. Luckily there are some people on this forum with patience! Otherwise I would be banned for repeatedly asking mundane questions. And you would be banned for being an *sshole!

p.s. Cali is right about the repair manual. Unfortunately it is not out yet.

SHIFT_2.5S

mikemart wrote:
Holy Sh*t!! Cali! Where You been man? I thought maybe you went back to prison! Yeah, I guess I am still a newbie but thats ok. Luckily there are some people on this forum with patience! Otherwise I would be banned for repeatedly asking mundane questions. And you would be banned for being an *sshole!
Mike vs. Cali - Round 7

Winner by TKO - SHIFT_2.5S!!

Enough of this bickering. You guys act like you're 7 years old.

Cali 2 Balti G
Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Toyota Sequoia

mikemart wrote:

p.s. Cali is right about the repair manual. Unfortunately it is not out yet.
Actually you are wrong about the repair manual - see link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW

Don't bother to apologize for the misinformation.

As for the curse words - totally unnecesarry - I just stated some facts and some jokes about your posting style - no different than what Shift 2.5 4 cylinder man did. Say what you want - I don't even own an AC coupe but I have and continue to offer positive advice, etc on this forum - I just call it like I see it as well - without having to resort to cheap personal attacks.

Good Luck.

SHIFT_2.5S

Cali 2 Balti G,

Wasn't it you who said that "I'm not sure if a repair manual is out for the AC yet but that would be a critical investment" ? Whose misinformation are you referring to?

I made some good-natured comments. Please try to keep your comments to a level that doesn't offend anyone. They may have been well-intended but seems to sound a bit offensive. Anyways, enough of these personal attacks. They do not help and only deviate from the purpose of this forum.

Not to mention that they also stole gachrist_3.5's thread. Again.

Cali 2 Balti G
Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Toyota Sequoia

SHIFT_2.5S wrote:Cali 2 Balti G,

Wasn't it you who said that "I'm not sure if a repair manual is out for the AC yet but that would be a critical investment" ? Whose misinformation are you referring to?

I made some good-natured comments. Please try to keep your comments to a level that doesn't offend anyone. They may have been well-intended but seems to sound a bit offensive. Anyways, enough of these personal attacks. They do not help and only deviate from the purpose of this forum.

Not to mention that they also stole gachrist_3.5's thread. Again.
Whose misinformation?

Did you see the QUOTE that I used???- Mikemart states the cd is not out yet. The CD IS out and would be of benefit to anyone on this thread who is interested in learning about or modifying their car.

Save your advice SHIFT - Nothing I have said is a personal attack (yeah I joked him (Mike) a little - but my comments are largely true) - but somehow you overlook Mikemarts responding with a personal attack??

Good luck on your quest to become moderator.

SHIFT_2.5S

Cali 2 Balti G wrote:
Whose misinformation?

Did you see the QUOTE that I used???- Mikemart states the cd is not out yet. The CD IS out and would be of benefit to anyone on this thread who is interested in learning about or modifying their car.

Save your advice SHIFT - Nothing I have said is a personal attack (yeah I joked him (Mike) a little - but my comments are largely true) - but somehow you overlook Mikemarts responding with a personal attack??

Good luck on your quest to become moderator.
Funny you should say that. I actually direct my response to both of you. You and mikemart have been arguing and directing personal attacks at each other since the month of August. I ask of you this: what is the purpose? Even if he says something that is untrue or something that you don't agree with, you should be the bigger person and overlook that. If anything, you should just ignore his personal attacks and not waste your time on them. Mike should do the same. Both of you are wasting your time by responding to each other (since you obviously don't see eye to eye). Furthermore, these posts are just taking up space on the boards and are of no value whatsoever.

As to Mike, you should not react to everything that is said to you so harshly. Cali 2 Balti G was making a point. You should try to understand what he was saying, especially since it was true. The internet is a strange place and statements can be largely taken out of context or misinterpreted. I believe that his comments were a bit rash (in terms of wording) but were made with humor. In this emotion-less digital world, we often misinterpret what is said.

That being that, I will leave this thread now.

generic808
Car: 08 Infiniti G35S
10 Infiniti EX35

Aww come on girls, recess is over. Time to get back to class

SHIFT_2.5S

generic808 wrote:Aww come on girls, recess is over. Time to get back to class
You're right. I don't know why I even waste my time on these things. I should follow my own advice. Sunday afternoon, too much time on my hands.

mikemart

Ok. Went too far. Sorry for hi-jacking the new guy's thread. I don't take myself too seriously, which is why I was poking fun at myself! (which started this whole thing).I think Cali and I are just messing around with each other, having fun...again, sorry for the hi-jack.

Anyways, I was referring to Chilton. The last time I was on their website, I didn't see a new altima guide. If there is a guide out there as Cali refers to, I will definitely check that out!!

generic808
Car: 08 Infiniti G35S
10 Infiniti EX35

Mike,

Did you really need the Chilton's? Here's a link to the FSM (factory service manual) which is probably better and more detailed: http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Altima/

mikemart

Just followed the link provided by Cali. I'm thinking this might be a good buy. (Thanks Cali!)

Generic---I've used Chilton for older vehicles so I guess I'm just used to thinking of them first.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”