Oracle Lighting: Halos (Angel/Demon Eyes), PLAMA!!!

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
timothy.kelley86
Car: 2008 M35

Has anyone seen these yet? I have been a little hesitant on the Halo's but after watching this video I am sold! Check it out below, I am not even sure if you can buy this kit for our cars.

ORACLE PLASMA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Kp3yN9Qgyg

Then I found this,
http://www.luceprodukt.com/e/infiniti_m ... l_eyes.asp

This looks like the same thing as the Oracle Plamsa and is referred to as an "Orb Ring". I want one solid lit up ring (not a bunch of little lights). Has anyone installed these orb rings or does anyone know where I can get this type of product?

SD_M45

timothy.kelley86 wrote:Has anyone seen these yet? I have been a little hesitant on the Halo's but after watching this video I am sold! Check it out below, I am not even sure if you can buy this kit for our cars.

ORACLE PLASMA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Kp3yN9Qgyg

Then I found this,
http://www.luceprodukt.com/e/infiniti_m ... l_eyes.asp

This looks like the same thing as the Oracle Plamsa and is referred to as an "Orb Ring". I want one solid lit up ring (not a bunch of little lights). Has anyone installed these orb rings or does anyone know where I can get this type of product?
The COB (Chip On board) style rings are becoming more popular. There are a few different manufacturers of these rings but there are some differences.

Ebay rings, most styles youll see on there (shipped straight from china) have lower quality inline voltage regulators. These fail if left on for long periods of time and or give the leds themselves a little more yellowish tint.

Oracle's "Plasma" use better inline regulators and the output of the rings are excellent, but imo TheRetrofitSource's xB Rings are the best and newest style on the market. Aluminum heatsink with high quality inline regulator stay cool and have an ultra white look to them, overbuilt in my opinion

timothy.kelley86

Ah ha, I actually emailed Oracle and it looks like they will not be making this kit for our year M. I will have to check out the suggestion you made, thanks!

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

First of all, halos look absolutely brilliant inside the M headlamp fixture where they are surrounded by the highly polished chrome. That car in the video with the square headlight? Not so much.
I wanted some kind of DRL for my M and was seriously considering getting halos for both the high beam and main headlamp surrounds. After looking at many ideas, it seemed the halos, while great for effect, didn't really work all that well as DRLs. They can't be seen very well from a distance and not at all when sunlight hits the housing directly.
Also, years ago when BMW started using them in their models, it was fresh, unique, and anytime you saw halos, your first thought was BMW. Now you can find halos of some sort on everything from cheap pushers to Rolls Royce. Not a unique idea by far, but still staggering if used in the right housing like our M's.
Also, to add halos on the M, you have to pretty much remove the front of the car to get to them, then break the seal to open the housing and install them, then seal them back up again, hoping you didn't leave a space for moisture to build up and fog the lens. Even the best halos would look crap inside a headlight assmebly with water vapor inside of it. Then ... what happens if one halo goes out? You have to repaeat that whole project all over again.
So ... I decided on a high quality LED DRL that attached to the car. Mine are properly aligned and angled to NOT glare at pedestrians or shine directly into the eyes of oncoming drivers, but they are still highly visible to oncoming traffice from a longer distance than halos. I still love the way halos dress up the M. I decided in the end to have actual DRLs instead of a halo. If one DRL goes out, It's easy to replace it in minutes without dismantling the car and hours of labour.

If you do this project I would suggest buying the halos from a reputable manufacturer with bright halos and find a size that best fits around each housing. Here is the sight I was planning on using if I went in that direction. They seemed to have the highest quality and even if the halo is slightly too long, you can just let the reamining few cm of the halo run inside the housing at the bottom where it won't be noticed.

http://www.bimmian.com/PHO/
Please post pics if you do this project as I'm sure many of the members would love to have a DYI with pics for this!

Wangtang408
Car: 2006 M35

Here is a member who did the Oracle Demon Eyes

post6520038.html?hilit=Oracle#p6520038

timothy.kelley86

Yes you certainly have a point... I wouldnt mind doing DRL's seperate from the headlight if I could find ones that I like, which ones are you running?

Larz

I'm running Phillips Day Light 8 LEDs. Here is a link to them at Ebay. Been running almost 2 years with no issues. Now that they have a newer verison out (a single long LED bar instead of 8 LEDs) mine are selling for half what I paid in 2012!

phillips-drls-great-price-t584763.html

There are pics of all my mods in my signature at the bottom of this post or just click on my pic.

SD_M45

TheRetrofitSource rings have a 5yr warranty (I believe the Oracle do aswell, id have to double check) out of the couple hundred ive installed only about 10 have had problems. Mainly due to customer running them off of their oem harness and not off a separate relay.

While it is true its a pain to remove these headlights, this should not scare you from adding rings. To reseal the headlight assemblies I recommend doing so using new rubber butyl sealant and not reusing the old stuff. Using silicone is more prone to leaks.

Ill be modifying my headlights within a couple weeks, I can let you know which size rings fit best over each opening if you dont mod yours by then.

timothy.kelley86

That would be fantastic, please keep me in the back of your head. I know those square dodge plasma's looked a little funny but man that color is amazing (especially if you had 6 rings running at once!). I do like the DRL's as well but I am really excited about this project. Do you have any idea what kind of price I should be paying for the install? I put up the craigslist add below, I am expecting around $300 or so (parts being a seperate $200 or so)?

http://southcoast.craigslist.org/pts/4279662054.html

timothy.kelley86

Okay... So here is what the quote covers. I drop off my car, he removes the headlights, measures them, orders the correct size XB rings (from theretrosource.com), paints them black (to match my car color), wires and installs everything the way I wanted, seals them back up and reinstalls everything, and offers a 1 year warranty for any water leakage or defective lighting. $675 said and done. Thoughts?

Larz

Seems fair to me. My decision was based mostly on having true DRLs which is wasn't your aim to begin with. Your are looking for that unique custom look about the headlamps and they will be staggering when finished.
With my skills (or horrible LACK of) when it comes to electronics and patience, I would gladly pay a pro to do it.
When you consider the labour to dismantle the front end, the care needed to paint the inner surface, the expertise involved for the wiring and install, plus properly re-sealing the headlamp housing abd re-assembly of the front end ...
I reckon that seems very reasonable. Plus you are getting a warranty which you wouldn'get by doing it yourself.
Please post pics after you've had it done. And the member who mentioned the rare troubles? I think he/she is spot on. Some peeps attempt projects like this with no experience and they don't always follow direction well - you can't blame their results on the product.

SD_M45

For a job like that id charge about $450 (guesstimate on the ring sizes) $100 being for removal and installation of the front end.

I might add some xStrips as a DRL, still not 100% on that though. Here's one i did on a Nissan Titan

timothy.kelley86

$450 with or without parts included? He is charging $675 and buying all of the materials (does that sound right)?

Where could I put those xstrips? I feel like those and the Halo's in the same housing is a little much, but they do look really good for sure.

Larz, I will definitely get some pics up here as soon as I am done; try to give back in any way I can...

SD_M45

timothy.kelley86 wrote:$450 with or without parts included? He is charging $675 and buying all of the materials (does that sound right)?

Where could I put those xstrips? I feel like those and the Halo's in the same housing is a little much, but they do look really good for sure.

Larz, I will definitely get some pics up here as soon as I am done; try to give back in any way I can...
Parts included

Turn signal 50
Hi beam 70
Low beam 75
Wiring/Acc. 45
OEM Paint 110
headlight removal/installation 100

Prices above are me guessing what the ring sizes are, price can go up or down a few dollars depending on actual ring size needed.
Everyone charges differently, i think anything above their price is not worth installing just rings and paint

The xstrips can be ran across the bottom, if i do them i might throw the halos on a wireless controller

timothy.kelley86

Still toying with this idea... had another question.

If I wanted to put an additional projector in the middle of the three lighting units (the high beam bulb), would I need to add new HID's or can i use the factory equipment? Any idea which projectors I would need? I wanted to do this for aesthetics alone so I am not looking for more light output...

Wangtang408
Car: 2006 M35

Do you happen to have the rings measurements? I'm about to take on this project with a help of friend. it will save so much time if I can get the measurements.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”