RB25: Options... MAF to MAP/ tuning

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
rb25det250sx
Car: 96' 240sx rb25det powered!!!

how hard is it to convert the Rb's to MAP and use like a Vi-pec tuning system or somthing along those lines? It would be ideal for all of us so we could stop dealing with the hassle of a MAF. because i absolutly hate mine!

meet07
Car: 89 180sx rb25det

rb25det250sx wrote:how hard is it to convert the Rb's to MAP and use like a Vi-pec tuning system or somthing along those lines? It would be ideal for all of us so we could stop dealing with the hassle of a MAF. because i absolutly hate mine!
I hate maf too!!

s14_sport

not hard at all...im going Vi-Pec pretty soon.

rb25det250sx

Yeah i mean, it seems like its would be the best idea. I just need to find out how it would work to switch, and then buy the software for the vi-pec and learn from there. There is a pretty good local tuner i could have mess with it for awhile until he gets confortable enough to tune my car, but i just don't want to have to mess with the MAF anymore.

Zacho2
Car: RB25 Nissan Laurel

Hey guys,

I picked up a ViPEC and have been using it for a month or two now. Easy ECU to use, support forum gets answers quick and my local dealer is awesome as well. ViPEC software is free to download, and it has one or two maps that come with it that you can play with. Although some features won't work offline (quicktune, math function etc), just DL it and try it out.

The v44 PnP ECU couldn't be easier I don't think, you need to install an IAT sensor and do some re pinning on the ecu and that is it. Comes with a 1.5 bar map sensor onboard. Basically take the maf off, vaccum line to ECU and the rest is wiring.

I am tuning my own ViPEC for now and I have only used the PFC/AEM ECU's and I find the ViPEC awesome. The help section/book for the ECU is awesome it explains tons of stuff in detail.

eh?

One of the best things I ever did was switch to map. Switched to aem map 5 years ago and I don't even think about it. It just works and it works well.

rb25det250sx

well the only thing about AEM is that you have to repin the whole harness don't you? They don't make a plug and play ECU for the Rbs. With Vi-pec you set the board into the old ecu box and plug in. Seems so much easier and with all the features AEM offers and the same price.

It comes with a 1.5 bar map sensor but to me that just don't seem like enough. thats like what 21psi? I would pry ahve to wire in a Gm 3 bar map sensor.

eh?

rb25det250sx wrote:well the only thing about AEM is that you have to repin the whole harness don't you? They don't make a plug and play ECU for the Rbs. With Vi-pec you set the board into the old ecu box and plug in. Seems so much easier and with all the features AEM offers and the same price.
Nope that's false. Aem makes a pnp ecu that works with the RB20/25/26 just by uploading a file. That's a big plus if you ever have to sell it.

Look into the new Haltech pnp ecu's, they make one for the RB.

J2fast
Car: 240sx

im using pfc for rb26 on my rb25 and it runs great. im using two gm 3 bar sensors.

rb25det250sx

not bad for $1600. the closest dealer to me is in illinois.

So how would you go about switchin over to map? The haltecs have a map nipple right on the ECU casing.

rblover
Car: 89 silvia RB20DET

how much???

Return to “Engine Tuning”