Options for fixing 2008 ex35 driver seat cover?

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
jinsuk

Options for fixing 2008 ex35 driver seat cover?

Postby jinsuk » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:22 pm

Hi, my leather on the driver seat is cracked and I actually had a reupholster person kind of hide the cracks so it was less noticeable. But I can't stop looking at the cracks and was wondering if there were alternative options I could take.

For example am I able to just buy the leather cover from an Infiniti dealership or something? Or find it at a junk yard?

Am I even able to replace the cover of the Infiniti seats? Do I need to replace the whole part of the seat cushion as well?

Has anyone gone through this experience? Would you be able to explain how I would go about replacing this seat cover/cushion?

sev
Car: 2010 EX35

Re: Options for fixing 2008 ex35 driver seat cover?

Postby sev » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:28 pm

Sometimes it requires an upholsterer to redo the leather cover on seats and it is easier to just replace the entire seat. Youre about 1.5 months too late. There was a poor ex35 in the junkyard here with decent leather seats recently. It is long gone.

Your best bet is to find people selling ex35/qx50 parts on ebay, usualyl theyre parting out the car. I would find one selling a random part, usually they have a picture of the wrecked car. You can message them and ask them about the seats... good luck

jinsuk

Re: Options for fixing 2008 ex35 driver seat cover?

Postby jinsuk » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:39 pm

Thanks, I ordered a part via ebay and found the manual to install.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 Forum”