Want to install back up camera in 08 G35x

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
calidoso
Car: 2009 Infiniti M35x: 100% LED

Hey how's it going everyone. New to the G35 side of the house. Used to own an M35x.

About to purchase a 08 G35x. Went to go see it and it doesn't have a back up camera.

Did alittle searching around and saw some old post on this issue.

Anyone have an up to date link or experience they can share with me. what are my options as far as parts and price ranges?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

engineer1
Car: 2007 G35S

I just finished installing a back-up cam in my 2007 G35S. You can get some incredibly cheap kits on Amazon ($30 - the caveat being that the cheap stuff is Chinese product, with installation directions in Chinglish). My main gripe was that the wiring provided for power/ground was 22-gauge, which is about the smallest there is and too small to make contact with regular clip/splice connectors. I butt-spliced in some 18-gauge and used that to connect to power and ground. So far everything's working well. It is fairly easy to remove enough trim pieces to make a nice neat job of the installation - there's not a trace of wire showing anywhere. There are also some videos on YouTube that were helpful. Good Luck!

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”