Opinions on Tires please...

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
Repo Man
Car: '15 RAM 1500, 4x4

I'm going to be buying new tires for my '92 240 soon and I need your opinions on a good high performance tire. Some of the ones I've come down to are the Pirelli P7000, Bridgestone RE730's (I think that's right), and the Bridgestone S03 Pole Position.

Any personal experiences with any of the above tires or something that has worked well for you? I push my car to the limits of adhesion more often than I probably should. That tells you about my driving style. I'll be buying tires sized 225 50R16 btw. Thanks for any input.

Andy

MasterMan
Car: nothing running at the moment city buses "uck here

i had some dunlop lowprofile tires they were waaay nice.. but i dident have the money this time around to put them back on :( but if i were u i would go check out the dunlops they are nice tires :) (about 100$ per tire)

king240

Don't know if they have them in your size but I use Falken Azenis, they are the stickiest dry street tire out there! I solo all the time, afella saloms with these tires on his neon, his times are pretty close to mine, and I use toyo ra1's.

Repo Man
Car: '15 RAM 1500, 4x4

king240 wrote:Don't know if they have them in your size but I use Falken Azenis, they are the stickiest dry street tire out there! I solo all the time, afella saloms with these tires on his neon, his times are pretty close to mine, and I use toyo ra1's.

I've looked at the Falken Azenis. I know the ****s at SCC like them, but the last I checked they don't come in the size I need. Ditto for the Paradas. I have Dunlop SP Sport 8000's on the rear of the car now and I don't really care for them. They are in need of replacement though and were probably good when they were new. Hell, they were $173 per tire new in late '95, early '96.

I think I've decided to get the Pirelli P7000 Supersports. They're an all-season, Z-rated ultra-high performance tire. They go for $107 a tire at Tire Rack. Has anyone used these? Comments?

Thanks for your responses.

red240ne
Car: mmm...donuts

hey i got some douglas tires the other day, and they work fine for me. i got them for $60 a tire, and they increased my performance a lot i could tell from what i previously had. handling is amazing. although, yea i'm sure it gets better

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”