Opinions on this setup?

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
fluidtread
Car: 1995 Nissan 240sx RB25det swapped

Hello guys , so winter is approaching and I feel like I should let my car rest a bit and build it a bit for next season. I know 450whp is the max rb25s Can take while being reliable so that is my exact goal. I would forge the bottom end but until it blows I will.

This is the setup I plan on running:

BORGWARNER S300SX3 TURBOCHARGER 60MM / 2.36" COMPRESSOR

Bosch 750cc injectors

Greddy or Hks fuel rail

Fuel regulator

Walbro 400lph fuel pump

Hks boost controller

3-4” inch down pipe

Twisted motion “Ironman” t3 top mount turbo manifold

And just to keep the engine safe:

Head drain kit and possibly larger oil sump.

Probably will put fresh oil and water pumps on it. Timing belt change and maybe set some cams in it.

As for ecu I have a haltech pro plug in. So in that I’m set.
Also got a Hks Front mount intercooler

Anything you guys would recommend or tips for this build?

P.s I know tuning is the most crucial part. Probably if anything I’ll be trailering it all the way to California since I know a good source with experience in tuning rbs there.

Thank you for reading !

DCaff300ZX
Car: .
1993 CRP TT- Modified

Welcome!
I'm "only" a GT-R fan myself, but can give you some help with your tuning should you not want to go all the way to Cali for the tune- I assume you are in Canada?
Fairlady Motors in University Place, Washington is a GREAT place to have GT-R work done, Doug is a good tuner and he and his guy Eric are definitely experienced with the GT-R and all RB motors, in all ways. Highly reputable and well-known within the "right" circles around here, he's done ALL of my Z32 heavy lifting and without a hitch and to top expectations...give him a shout!
Oh, and I guarantee he will be able to dissect your build plans FAR better than I could.

fluidtread
Car: 1995 Nissan 240sx RB25det swapped

DCaff300ZX wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:33 am
Welcome!
I'm "only" a GT-R fan myself, but can give you some help with your tuning should you not want to go all the way to Cali for the tune- I assume you are in Canada?
Fairlady Motors in University Place, Washington is a GREAT place to have GT-R work done, Doug is a good tuner and he and his guy Eric are definitely experienced with the GT-R and all RB motors, in all ways. Highly reputable and well-known within the "right" circles around here, he's done ALL of my Z32 heavy lifting and without a hitch and to top expectations...give him a shout!
Oh, and I guarantee he will be able to dissect your build plans FAR better than I could.
Hey thank you for the reply! And I appreciate any help ! And it’s not to far fetched since I live in Arizona. There’s a shop I know there that has good experience with rbs and has built Ryan literalls rb25 s14 with all the oil goodies !
But I’ll definitely look the shop up and see all the inputs and advice I can get on my specific build !

Thank you !

RRRRB
Car: 98 RB powered S14

Doug is very opinionated so be prepared for that..

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”