One thing I want to understand about you guys

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
kim
Car: 90 240sx, 97 M3

I was reading a few more post in the forum and was wondering, are you guy really willing to purchase a Skyline even if it not registered? You would really buy that R32 if there was a chance all you could do is look at it only and maybe drive it around the block or at track events? I mean at a good price though. I just want to understand if the novelty of owning a skyline beats all other reasonable doubts not to buy it. I'm just really curious.

slowlyevolving
Car: Evo VIII MR

Personally, I want an R34 and they aren't cheap. So I can say that if I bought one it wouldn't sit in my garage, regardless if it's registered or not. So in one sense I can say I wouldn't buy a skyline (R34) just to have it in my garage. On the other hand, if I did get the skyline I wanted, whether it is registered or not, it will be on the street. I'm sure it sounds stupid but, I've done worse.

Flicktitty
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx 2JZ-GTE Swapped
1994 Toyota Supra
2019 Lexus GX460
1992 Lexus SC400

Well, personally i really want a R32. or a 33 or hell a 34 Hey i like em all sue me! lol. Anyway... i would get one cause i'm not sure where you guy's live but i live in bumblefug wisconsin. and i don't think they would give 2 ****s about it. As long as i kept the car out of bigger citys i think i could drive a skyline everyday in the area towns. Honestly, i don't think you have much to worry about just drive like everyone else and the cops won't take a second look. of course that's just my opinion.

JaS3113
Car: 1995 Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec LM Ltd- Angelina

NickS13 wrote:Well, personally i really want a R32. or a 33 or hell a 34 Hey i like em all sue me! lol. Anyway... i would get one cause i'm not sure where you guy's live but i live in bumblefug wisconsin. and i don't think they would give 2 ****s about it. As long as i kept the car out of bigger citys i think i could drive a skyline everyday in the area towns. Honestly, i don't think you have much to worry about just drive like everyone else and the cops won't take a second look. of course that's just my opinion.
You're right about that. I drive to work every couple of days and go around the Manhattan, queens, Brooklyn, hell I even went to Canada and back with her the first 2 weeks after I got her.

As long as you're not doing anything to draw attention to yourself you should be fine.

John

kim
Car: 90 240sx, 97 M3

Yeah, I hear you guys. When I was in Texas for the past 2 months seemed like you could get away with alot of stuff there. I was pretty surprised that TX didn't have Helmet laws for motorcyclist and people could sit in the back of a pickup. Kind of contradicts Tx's seat belt law. Here in Cali you could get away with that. If I was living permently in Tx I think I would also take the chance of importing a skyline.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”