one more annoying question... last one though!

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

hopefully you guys will know what i'm talking about cause i don't currently have any pics of said problem

you know the smaller gauged wires that run off the battery terminals? the negative or ground side simply bolts up around the battery tray stock as a ground wire... but i'm not sure where the positive side runs... when i relocated my battery i left the stock locations in tact so i wouldn't have to worry about it but now that i'm deleting stuff i need to actually run the positive side to where it is supposed to go. i looked in my manual and found nothing even mentioned of this so i'm hoping one of you guys knows what i'm talking about and can trace yours to where it goes.

cliff notes...

the smaller gauged wire that runs off the battery terminals...

black = grounded to bodyred = ????

any help works guys... thanks

PEZi

ok... so for a little more insight as to what i'm talking about... i now have pics!

the black side is the body ground

where does the red side go?

Kira-Hachi
Car: 1990 Sileighty / 1986 720 KingCab

I'll check to see where mine goes when I get to work tomorrow, and get back to you on what I discover.

PEZi

apparently its not too important cause i've been driving without it for about a month now... but it would give me a little peace to know its all hooked up as it should be

Kira-Hachi
Car: 1990 Sileighty / 1986 720 KingCab

So I checked out my truck this afternoon (I almost forgot >_>) and my setup is quite a bit different. I have a black plastic box attached with my main positive cable which spits 7 wires out which go into 3 different white clips that all branch into my main wiring harnass....

Soooo, I guess us Canadians set ours up differently? lolI couldn't take a picture, but I can tomorrow or Friday if I remember my camera.

PEZi

haha... no the setup should be the same

mine is the way it is because i've removed a lot of stuff and relocated the battery... it actually sits where the passenger seat was

i'm guessing it must go somewhere after the branch of all the wires which i do still have so it must still be attached wherever it goes

flinterman2000
Car: 2000 Nissan Wingroad, 85 Datsun 720 Pick Up.

the wires on the positive side goes the power the accessories in the cab which I think you already removed. they also keep power to the fuses. my system is somewhat different also. Caribbean edition

PEZi

oh i know now! if it gives power to the fuses it must have went to the fusible link.... that was erased so that's why i can't find this s***.... problem solved... thanks man!

Return to “Datsun 720”