One high mileage Maxima

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
gsr778

Well palmerwmd and i just went to Atlanta and got back today. While something always interesting happens to Fred and I this road trip was no exception. Last weekend i almost got hauled off by the cops for absolutely nothing. We saw the best gangster/jap movie and cant even remember the name of it. And last night i almost got rearend in a police pursuit by a huge dodge work van. But probably the most interesting of all was that both Fred and I drove in a 92 Nissan Maxima with 270,000 miles... Thats right TWO HUNDRED SEVENTY THOUSAND MILES!!!!!!!!:ylsuper :ylsuper :ylsuper :ylsuper And it drove like a champ. Better yet it got 32mpg!!!!!:ylsuper :ylsuper Fred was really excited about that since he was paying for my gas to get him down to Atlanta and back. Even though the car theoretically has been around the earth 11 1/2 times (the cicumference of the earth is about 24,000 miles i think) the interior looks lile it has about 100,000 miles. So needless to say Maximas are the best cars on the road, and Fred can vouch for that.:D

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

That is one great looking and driving Maxima.

The cars interior still looks great too.And a very tasteful color combo at that.

Fred...:)

theTony
Car: umm.....Cars??

So was this Maxima a GXE or an SE? Colro combo champaign (sp?) over dark gray leather I think Joel said?

gsr778

Its a SE and the color combo is champagne with creame leather interior.

Altiman94
Car: Paintball, cars, outdoor sports

is this an automatic or a manual?

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

wow thats awesome, also nice integra in teh pic, i really like the black on black, but in your sig 'speed kills, if u want to live, get a honda' isnt that putting down hondas, saying they're slow? anyway, the circumference of the earth is approximately 24,9oo miles, so u came pretty damn close

gsr778

Its an automatic. WOW!! I've had that qoute on my sig for about 6 months on other boards and only a couple weeks on NICO and your the first one to say anything about that. But the qoute is kind of a catch-22 but yes most hondas are slow. I heard the quote from some guy and i thought it was really good, so considering that i do drive a honda its kind of funny.:D

nlzmo400r

well i thought it was very noticable, it just seemed to stick out since your name is GSR778, at first i thought i was just reading it wrong or something

lophix

actually, the 3rd gens are notable for their strength. mine makes frequent trips between houston, kansas, arizona and missouri with ease and i have a crap load of miles. it still runs perfect. i think nissan really excelled in the 3rd gens.

nlzmo400r

welcome to NICO lophix, im sure you'll find evryone here very hlepful and informative, and yes the 3rd gens are particularly strong, however its the o2 maxima that i like most, i havent driven teh o3

lophix

thanks for the welcome nizmo....i hope to get a lot of info here that i am in search of. i'l lurk around a little going through old posts and searching and stuff. thanks

nlzmo400r

you're very welcome and good luck in your searches, do u currently have a car if not, waht kind are you loking for

lophix

I have a 91 maxima se 5spd. here's a link to a few pics of her:

http://maxima.cardomain.com/id/lophix

Right now i'm looking to get it force-induced....hopefully if i decide to go with it and everything goes as i am planning, i should be done by mid september.

oh btw just noticed my status..lol i WISH i was driving my mum's car right now....she's overseas and drives a 2L octavia

nlzmo400r

well, i wish my status held true as well, trust me, half of its true ;), it does look stock, also, awesome maxima, it seems we have near the same taste

jdmfreak

My moms 95 Maxima GXE has at least 300,000 maybe 350,000 miles(odometer stopped at 125,000) and it runs strong and smokes a few cars. My pops 95 Max GXE has 227,000 mi and it runs pretty damn good. Both havent had maybe 1 or 2 engine repairs throughout the years. Kids around here think they could beat both of the Maximas b/c of their high milage, but they get shut down 75% of the time. I wonder how long theyll last.

nlzmo400r

wow, so between both those cars, you have well over a half a MILLION miles, thats a long damn way, only a nissan would do that! haha

jdmfreak

Yea only Nissan. We might part my moms out cuz we aint gonna get nothin much if we sell it. Anything in good condition will go within a year. Cant wait to drive the Murano. I hope it last as long as the Maximas if not longer.

nlzmo400r

when do u plan on selling it and how much do u think you'll sell it for, reason im asking, i might have a friend thtas willing to pick up on it for the VG3o

jdmfreak

Maybe next spring or summer.

lophix

actually the 95-99 maximas have the VQ motor in them. that motor has won quite a few awards due to it's dependability as well as performance. some guys on the org run boost on the stock motors without any problems. It's really remarkable.

concerning your mum's gxe, i think you would probably get a good amount by selling it privately (ie to someone like me, lol) this is because the motors are cheap if you know where to get them, cars will always have parts break down hence the term "P.T" (or preventive maintenance). For anyone buying a car with that many miles, he is most likely going to have to dish out the bills to be secure and if you are mechanically inclined, then that would wind up to be quite a steal as long as you know where to get cheap but authentic parts from. I say list it on ebay and see how it goes. be sure not to make any guarantees.

turbo6
Car: '05 350Z Turbo, '98 SC300 9.3@156, '99 SC400, '02 Police Interceptor

lophix wrote:actually the 95-99 maximas have the VQ motor in them. that motor has won quite a few awards due to it's dependability as well as performance. some guys on the org run boost on the stock motors without any problems. It's really remarkable.
who?

my friends joke on me about maximas not being reliable... but honestly when it comes down to it, the things just run.

lophix

:) and who replies but the man i was referring to (hal right?) how's your new motor holding up?

nlzmo400r

hlh0501 wrote:who?

my friends joke on me about maximas not being reliable... but honestly when it comes down to it, the things just run.
damn bro, you've been here a while, but i dont see you post much, i was about to welcome you aboard when i didnt notice a name, and turns out you're a vet, awesome car man, those numbers are crazy, any 1/4 times?

jdmfreak

Hey Nismo! My pops wants to know how much is your friend willing to pay for the engine?

nlzmo400r

o bro, im not too sure, he doesnt have all of his **** straight now, so i wouldnt count him as a for sure deal, whenever teh car is actually up for sale, and he gets his car sold, he'd look into it, and by then itd be too late, sorry bro

lophix

are you trying to sell the motor of the 95max or the whole car?

jdmfreak

Doesnt matter to me within a year I want it to be gone so I could use the money to help pay for the 240. Once we get the FX35 or Murano Ill start selling. Since the car has such high mileage Ill probably part it out unless I get more money as a whole. I have My fathers Max is in better condition so I wont miss my moms.

lophix

and how much do you think you'll get by parting it out as compared to selling it whole, if you dont mind my asking?

jdmfreak

As of right now Im not really sure wich one would get me the most money.. If I sell it I know it deffinately wont be much.

nlzmo400r

it does have a lot of miles, but if it is still in good condition for its age, im sure a great car like a maxima shouldnt be 'too' hard to sell

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”