On SARS-Cov-2 source

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Human nature demands that we find a guilty party when something bad happens... so I was at first very skeptical about the noise churning in the background of all this about a supposed Chinese Gov't role. :tisk:

As biochemist myself who is much involved with this outbreak in the lab ( and I myself got sicked with the virus through a centrifuge accident when I reactivated a mothballed lab just 3 weeks ago.. this is my first good week actually :dblthumb: ) I get a lot of questions from friends and family on this outbreak.

A lot of times I get asked about the Chinese lab release theory.. casually I dismiss them.. dont have time for this ugly side of human nature.. :inout:

But perhaps I was wrong..

.. here is an expat in china fluent in Chinese who I been following for a while on separate stuff.
The young man is by no means a crackpot and has sources:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpQFCcSI0pU

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

These are easily verifiable facts:
Horseshoe bats are not naturally found within 500 kilometers of Wuhan.
Horseshoe bats are not sold at the Wuhan wet market.
Two research labs located within a mile of the Wuhan wet market were working with Horseshoe bats.
Coronavirus test kits that were to be sent to the United Kingdom were found to be contaminated with COVID-19.
Officials in Spain and the UK have found Covid-19 testing kits sourced from China to be unreliable.
A Chinese biologist carrying suspected SARS and MERS samples attempted to enter the US through Detroit Metro Airport.

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

If you are healthy you can shake this bug off pretty quickly..
It had a shorter and milder duration for me than some colds.

I still dont think there was an intentional release but merely incompetence but based on the hallmarks, indicators we have seen it does appear to have come our of a lab.
"Escaped" if you will.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

filter.jpg

Return to “Politics Etc.”