OME springs review

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
RastB
Car: 2002 Infiniti QX4

This was rears only, because I felt like there was something with the suspension that was overly harsh and seemed like it was mostly the rear. I think the reason was this QX4 had a tow package on it and the rear springs were stupid hard and belonged on a warplane. OME's gave me 3/4 to an inch lift and still managed to increase the comfort level over potholes immensely, didn't touch the shocks (Doetsch Tech). Fronts are newer cheapo all-in-one and now there's a rake but otherwise the fronts seem fine.

mdmellott
Car: '13 Kia Soul+ 2.0L AT
'02 Pathfinder SE 3.5L AT P/4WD

RastB wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:21 pm
Fronts are newer cheapo all-in-one and now there's a rake but otherwise the fronts seem fine.
Get the front end toe alignment corrected or else your tires are going to ware out and ware uneven very quickly.

mdmellott

mdmellott wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:52 pm
... ware out and ware uneven ...
I should use Grammarly. (wear, where, ware)

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Personally, I'm a ware house (I turn into a split level when the moon is full).
:lolling:

RastB
Car: 2002 Infiniti QX4

Was aligned, wasn't born yesterday ;) Wish it would "hold the road" just a little better though, front end been inspected 3 times- all good but doesn't go down the road like an X5 BMW, or a Tahoe for that matter. Talked to Nissan, service lady said "I had a new R50 and it was just like that". Must be something that can be done?

mdmellott

Only the toe alignment and steer angle is adjustable so if everything else is in good shape and the toe-in alignment and steer angle are in spec, I can only imagine that unequal camber angles of the front wheels are making your ride drift. If that is the case, a shop alignment print out would show that and an aftermarket camber adjustment bolt would correct it. Those aftermarket camber bolts are often used when extra tall tires are installed, which throws out the camber alignment that is not normally adjustable. A severe pot hole at some point in time could have tweaked your suspension.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”