OLD THREAD - NEW INTEREST

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
i-Zer0
Car: 1993 Q45

Just curious, I read an old thread posted last spring (Wes) about the impending success w/ you guys creating a 'mule'/prototype - supercharged Q - and wanted to know what the outcome of that ever was - if it's still even possible thru aftermarket availability, who should I get with for details/prices/etc.? - I don't see any other recent posts from anyone about this 'phenomenon' - and wanted to confirm if there really is such a concept available for the Y33's (the 90-93's) - because if it is, then I actually plan on making my otherwise older, toned-down, stock-appearing Q 'a true Q ship' under the hood anyway - for me, it would definitely be worth the money spent on the upgrade.....

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Well first off, the Y33 Q is the 97-01 Generation.... Just to clear that off

Secondly, the SC has started development but never got finished because no one continued it. Long (really long) story short, I wasnt planning on being number one, someone backed out, and I didnt want to supercharge immediately...

Anyway, the project can be picked back up very easily, and if you have $3500 or so we can get this back going. If your serious, send me an email.

i-Zer0
Car: 1993 Q45

Ok, Wes, if $3500 is the approx to get this going again, I will need a couple of months (1st of the year) - but I will be getting back to you on this, because I definitely want it. I hope that won't be too late.

CrimsonQ
Car: Purple People Eater

its never too late to do a boosted Q

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

CrimsonQ wrote:its never too late to do a boosted Q

You dont have to pay it all at once. you can give a deposit of like 1500 or something, and then pay off the rest to receive the kit once you can....

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

The Vh45de in the G50 series Q45 (90-96) has a real strong bottom end <and> valvetrain)It is really <asking> for forced induction.

Upgraded Tranny's are also available.

Fred..

PoorManQ45

bah, I never liked the idea of a positive displacement blower on the Q45. That would completely kill the Q's little gas mileage thorughout the entire RPM range. With a centrifugal blower you could keep your mileage AND increase your top end. Which is what I personally prefer.

On that note, I was reading through one of the 5.0 mags and noticed a nice centrifugal blower that would be perfect for the Q45. It is designed to sit on the driver's side(where the airbox would be), with the inlet on the bottom, and the output on the top pointing towards the passenger side.

Unfortunately I can't remember who the manufaturer was. I'll go see if I can find it again.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”