Old School Gamers...

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
redtop91
Car: ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Start

I loved Shaq Fu on the SNES.

Sil40_Mayhem
Car: 1995 240SX 5spd/1992 Integra LS

Wow, I'm flattered that my "formatting" is a hit! Anyway, since we've progressed from old, old school to not-so-old school, allow me to add:

SNES:Killer Instinct FTMFW!!!! SMB3

PSX:Bogey Dead SixPyschic DetectiveTest DriveGran Turismo I & IISF Alpha I, II, & IIITekken 2 & 3Bust A GrooveMK TrilogyMK Mythologies: Sub-ZeroTony Hawk 3DriverDriver 2Ready 2 RumbleReady 2 Rumble Round 2Ridge Racer Series (1 & 4 were the best)N4S Series

koukicody
Car: 93 Mazda Miata

anyone remember Kid Chameleon on Genesis?

i dont think anyone has ever beat that game lol

edit: nevermind, just found a time attack vid lol

s13redtaz
Car: 91' S13 Donated and gone..., 96' Toyota Avalon (DD), 92 coupe*SOLD*,92 5 speed Hatch

OMG! i was up in my parents old storage the other day and found the once forgotten...TurboGrafix 16... wow...

Sil40_Mayhem
Car: 1995 240SX 5spd/1992 Integra LS

s13redtaz wrote:OMG! i was up in my parents old storage the other day and found the once forgotten...TurboGrafix 16... wow...
Quite possibly the most underrated, mismarketed systems EVARRRR!!11!1one1one Man, I really wanted one of those back in the day.

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

Well, I can remembe back to the day.

I was alsways a big fan of the Shinobi games on Sega.

Here's my list of favs.

Atari 2600: River RaidSpider FighterBaseballSuper Breakout

Sega Master System:Alex Kidd in Miracle worldDouble DragonKensedinShinobiRastanSpace HarrierEnduro RacerSpy Vs. Spy (Remember the card slot on the SMS?)

Genesis:Earthworm JimSonicGolden AxeMortal Combat

Genesis with 32X adapterVirtua Racing

NESNinja Gaiden (All versions)Super Mario Bros. 1, 3 and 4Vs. ExcitebikeTetrisThe Legend of LinkTechmo BowlRBI BaseballMetroid

Didn't have any other system. The NES I used to borrow from my friends.

After my Genesis was a PS-One, then, and currently, a PS2.

I was a Sega guy in my youth.

positron1
Car: Project: 1993 Nissan 240SX Coupe SR
Daily: 2010 Honda Civic Coupe

I still have fond memories of the Genesis's Altered Beasts, Last Battle, Ghouls and Ghosts and R-Type.

E7-S14
Car: ess 14 foo!

Sonic the Hedgehog and Street Fighter II 4 Genesis

those r the only games i currently own for my oldest systemSadly i sold my NES in my immature/gamesellin younger days.now i keep ALL the games i buy

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

what the hell guys?

this isn't a classic gamer thread if no one mentioned two of the greatest games ever.

Super Dodgeball and River City Ransom.

Jiggyfry

Mr1der wrote:what the hell guys?

this isn't a classic gamer thread if no one mentioned two of the greatest games ever.

Super Dodgeball and River City Ransom.
I picked up Super Dodgeball from a local store, it was quite expensive, yet worth every penny!

positron1
Car: Project: 1993 Nissan 240SX Coupe SR
Daily: 2010 Honda Civic Coupe

Kid Icarus FTMFW!!! Or Kid I..CAR..RUS as we called it back in the day!

Mr1der

jiggy180 wrote:
I picked up Super Dodgeball from a local store, it was quite expensive, yet worth every penny!
it usually runs 20 to 30 bucks.

I got my copy for 2 at a pawnshop years back

I just recently put a new pin connector and power supply on my NES. it runs like a dream now.

I think I spent 20 bucks on the pack off ebay that came with a cleaner, the powersupply, a multi screwdriver thingy and the gold 72 pin connector. Worth every damn penny. now I need to get Castlevania 3

bt2s14
Car: 96 s14 VG30E swap on the way

My friend just bought Megaman X2 for 105 dollars ........ It pwns though.

theclub

Why don't you guys get the emulators online, on my labtop I have nes,snes,n64,and genesis, I also have the sites with every game ever made for each system! If you want I could list the sites for each system or you can search on google, I even have Altered Beast on Genesis witch I remeber reading about it in Gamepro as a kid, they said it was one of the best games but unforchantly is jap only. If I had a better computer I'd get the xbox em. but n64 is kind of pushing it already.

theclub

Oh yea best nes games are: Master Blaster (no one else listed this?) , all Mega Man games ,Jackal ,and Batman. +Mario and Zelda of course.

Jiggyfry

Mr1der wrote:it usually runs 20 to 30 bucks.

I got my copy for 2 at a pawnshop years back

I just recently put a new pin connector and power supply on my NES. it runs like a dream now.

I think I spent 20 bucks on the pack off ebay that came with a cleaner, the powersupply, a multi screwdriver thingy and the gold 72 pin connector. Worth every damn penny. now I need to get Castlevania 3
Well good sir, to me 20-30$ for an Nes game is pricey. I guess Super DodgeBall is rare or harder to find. Anyways, it kicks ***. Oh, I also picked up Final Fantasy 1 for a song and a dance. Not a lapdance though. And before I forget, I also picked up an Intellivision gaming system along with approx. 20 games for 15$. Im now in Old School Gaming NIRVANA!

Veriest1
Car: '96 M3 and '93 240 coupe dd

Quote »Balder's Gate[/quote] And I'm not a D&D'er either.

Other favorite old school games:

Chrono Trigger

Chrono Cross (this is getting up there now and is relativly unknown thanks to the almost simultaneous release of FF8)

Star Ocean 1&2

Xeno Gears

And I'd feel remiss if I didn't at least mention The Longest Journey. You all will just get over it's relative youth compared to the other games in this thread.

Red coupe
Car: 92 Nissan 240sx Coupe

otterman wrote:
The sport mat is like the Wii's great great great grandpa
Nope, at the same time there was this:[img]http://www.vintagecomputing.com/wp-cont ... ge.jpg/img] you had to put these sensors all around your TV, and it still barely worked.

We used to cheat all kinds with th mat, and just bang on it with our hands.

bt2s14
Car: 96 s14 VG30E swap on the way

theclub wrote:Why don't you guys get the emulators online, on my labtop I have nes,snes,n64,and genesis, I also have the sites with every game ever made for each system! If you want I could list the sites for each system or you can search on google, I even have Altered Beast on Genesis witch I remeber reading about it in Gamepro as a kid, they said it was one of the best games but unforchantly is jap only. If I had a better computer I'd get the xbox em. but n64 is kind of pushing it already.
I do that too, but I find having the hard copy and using the old system much more fun.

Mr1der

I agree fully with that.

I need to hook up the SNES too...I think I have a Genesis that still works....and a DC

bomb_xero
Car: sedan

legend of zelda: a link to the past on the wii's virtuale console

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

I bought a Sega Nomad last night.

Time to dig out my Genesis collection.

Mr1der

dude!

I want a nomad...such a bitchin' idea from Sega really.

I didn't see why it flopped.

brisknfade
Car: NB8C FTW

Cause it was expensive and sucked down battery juice worse then a Game Gear.

I loved my game gear, but it was insanity not to play it without a power adapter.

Mr1der

agreed.

the insanely bright backlight killed batteries...

the power adapter kind've killed it unless you had the 12v DC for road trips.

still an excellent idea for a system though..I was waiting for nintendo to do it with the SNES cartridges...so I could have a massive handheld system

tiger-SE-R
Car: 2006 Altima SE-R / 2002 Xterra / 1974 Datsun 610/ Suzuki GSX650F - "Put a Tiger in Your Tank"

Mr1der wrote:agreed.

the insanely bright backlight killed batteries...

the power adapter kind've killed it unless you had the 12v DC for road trips.

still an excellent idea for a system though..I was waiting for nintendo to do it with the SNES cartridges...so I could have a massive handheld system
lol I picked up something similar to what you're talking about on ebay.

The "Time Machine" uses the GBA cord to power it, kinda bulky but it really works

brisknfade
Car: NB8C FTW

I would have loved a SNES version of the Nomad, and yea it would have been huge! You could always get a PSP and run some homebrew emulators on it though.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Mr1der wrote:dude!

I want a nomad...such a bitchin' idea from Sega really.

I didn't see why it flopped.
Me either.It's a fully fledged Genesis in your hand. It has the same video output as the Genesis II (which I also have) which means all you need to watch it on TV is a Genesis 2 video cable. It even has a controller port on the bottom for a 2nd controller, and it is effectively a later 6-button controller with mode button. Hell, even the A/C adapter is the same as the one from the Genesis (and every other Sega system of that time...). I can't figure out why it wasn't a much bigger hit.The only drawbacks from the non-portable versions are the lack of expansion port (used for Sega CD) and the 32X won't work (the cartridge slot is too deep--I tried with mine).

One thing I was a bit surprised by is that it doesn't feel as heft or solid as my Game Gear. It also lacks the Game Gear's glossy finish--and the Game Gear's thick durable screen cover.

Still, I'm definitely glad I bought. Now I just wish I could find my better games. Sonic 3D blast and Jurassic Park Rampage Edition are getting old...

teddy
Car: Saab Turbo and MR2

Rampage, Fatal Fury, Earthworm Jim, and Metal Slug are a few that haven't been named yet.

Return to “Gaming”