Oklahoma 240's????

Including ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, MN, IA, MO, and WI
Pennyfreak
Car: Basketball and cars

just curious to see if there r any 240's in oklahoma.

Kinopiogurl

Hi, I'm 240 lover !!(don't have one yet, looking tho) live in Oklahoma. I don't see many 240's here...... :( unfortunately

Pennyfreak

what city do u live in? age? i live in the north part of Edmond. i'm 17

Kinopiogurl

I live in Weatherford. It's an hour away from city. I go to Oklahoma city every weekend and sometimes goes to a cafe in Edmond.Well... about my age. lets say I'm older than you are.I graduated from university, just finished internship and came back from NY.

Pennyfreak

that's cool. did u go to a university in oklahoma? i am going to UCO upon graduation of high school.

Kinopiogurl

yeh, I went to Hillsdale Free Will Baptist College in Moore and graduated, transfared to Southwestern Oklahoma State University and got my BA. But I don't get my diploma till December :(Now, It's time to find the job. so I can buy 240!!! I just can't wait.

horsepower
Car: my 240sx

Yup iam in oklahoma city on south side. i got a 240 91 model. I put a injen intake and cold air extision. Short shifter and new muffler,and ran out of cash. LOL

horsepower

OH ans iam 27 .

shack

I live in Lawton, an hour south of OKC. I am looking for a 97-98 240.

TommyHawk
Car: racing, sim racing, NOT drag racing

I know it's not Oklahoma, but it's close. Wichita, KS. I go to OK occasionally. Last weekend we went to Hallett Motor Racing Circuit http://www.hallettracing.com/ and ran the High Speed Touring event. Even though it was raining it was still a blast. The track is well suited for the 240. The tech inspector was telling me that a local guy dominates his SCCA class with his 240. I'm not the best driver in the world but I was smokin all those little Miatas in my S14. That's why we need the rest of you guys to show up. Check out the website, and email me if you want to know the next time we go to Hallett or the Talimena run.

Tom[email protected]

Uncool

I too live in Oklahoma, Tahlequah to be exact. It's killing me living in a town fileld with Eclipses and Civics.. There's a Kia Sephia here with a huge wing and a fart can that is always good for a laugh though.

horsepower

I think it would be a good idea for all of use to meet at that track might can start car 240 car club for this area.We need one. those ricer boys have to many. Well count me in for the track meet next time iam in post if any more of you want to go Please will be fun!!!

TommyHawk

I will post the next time I go. Probably won't be till next spring. I'll let you know when Hallett posts their schedule for 2003.

I guess I could of given a few more details. We participated in the High Speed Touring event. It is part of COMMA, which is the local racing club at the track. You can read all about it at their web-site.

If you do plan on going, I would suggest a couple things to be prepared. 1) Make sure your car is structurally sound. 2)BRAKES!!! You can have a zillion horsepower, but a warped brake rotor will end your day fast. I upgraded to 300ZX 4-piston calipers after I warped my rotors. Always take at least 1 set of broke-in spare brake pads. If you can, run slotted rotors and bring spares. 3) Tires and brakes are what separates the slow guys from the fast on the track. Make sure you have some good tires. I like my Falken Azenis. I've run Yokohama AVS Intermediates, Bridgestone Potenza RE71s, and Kumho Ecstas. The Bridgestones are awesome, let me know if you can find some. The others are good, but less grip. 4) Alignment. Have your shop give you a custom alignment. Currently I'm running -2deg of camber on the front and -1.5 on the rear. 1/8" toe out on front and neutral in the rear. All cars are different.None of these things are very expensive, and they make a BIG difference. An intructor once said to me, 5mph in the corner is worth 20hp under the hood.

Tom

blackdragonvr4

hey everyone!

i live in owasso and i think it would be awesome if we had a track meet sometime since i would like to get into autocrossing my 240.

preston

red240ne
Car: mmm...donuts

my dad lives in tulsa. i go there every summer for 5 weeks, and it would be sweet to have a 240 meet with all of us. by then i'll be sr powered baybuy.

red240ne
Car: mmm...donuts

does tulsa international raceway have autocross? or is it just a drag strip?

horsepower

I dont know if it is a race way or a drag stripe man. Guess ill look it up on the net in a min.

TommyHawk

Hallett Motor Racing Circuit has posted their 2003 Schedule! http://www.hallettracing.com/

Looks like March 8th is the 1st event. There is a 3 day event at the end of March with, what looks like, a night time enduro race the same weekend. Might be cool to see some of that. There is about 1 event per month through Oct. If you have any questions about what goes on, feel free to email me and I'll do my best to answer them. Hope to see some of you Nismos there next year.

Tom

GoofyATX240

I got alot of family in oklahoma city.chickasha and some other places out there..Im in oklahoma from time to time..

horsepower

Wow looks like we may have a meet man its cool i cant wait

s14det

I am in Bartlesville. 40 miles north of Tulsa. I have a s14 w/(soon to be) s14det... We should get together this summer some time!!!

horsepower

Yeah we should get togeather sometime. Any place is good. But at bethany the is a civic meet on the weekends on 39st we could all role out there and some there whats up would be fun. But we could meet any where. But raceing some of the civics would be fun.

Pennyfreak

horsepower wrote:Yeah we should get togeather sometime. Any place is good. But at bethany the is a civic meet on the weekends on 39st we could all role out there and some there whats up would be fun. But we could meet any where. But raceing some of the civics would be fun.
do u go out to 39st every sat. night? i used to go out there every week but i haven't been in awhile. that would be a perfect spot to meet for me. where do u usually hang out at down there? when i go i am usually at the o'reilleys across from taco bueno.

horsepower

ive only been out there once.But hope to go again soon.My car is not in that good of shape. It needs paint cause i hired these mexicans to buff the car and the burnt the paint on the top and on the hatch. ands i got some old school wheels lol the clean and nice tho wheels was on there when i bought it tho.

Pennyfreak

what all mods do u have? i won't have my 240sx for about another 6 months which really sucks but i am doing the sr20det swap when i get it so i am getting the car and engine about the same time and i have to save up the money so i can buy it. i hate having to wait but i know it will be worth it.

horsepower

Ive put injen ram air and cold extension muffler short shifter and thats all so far iam not buying any thing else till i get my turbo

BigNateLvHc
Car: 2013 Ram 1500
1995 Nissan 240sx
1996 Nissan 240sx
2007 Ford Fusion

anyone still in oklahoma??? got my 96 240 and im in El Reno. i might be the only one left!!! lol

BigNateLvHc
Car: 2013 Ram 1500
1995 Nissan 240sx
1996 Nissan 240sx
2007 Ford Fusion

im looking to do an SR SWAP, anyone know of a shop in Oklahoma city or Tulsa that could do it? Ive tried Google searching and asking around but no one wants to talk. any help would be awesome!

Return to “Midwest Region”