Ok your not going to believe me...SL500 top vert

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
Blackassassin0
Car: 1998 240sx se

So yeah I'm pretty new here to the forums..well not that new but yeah..
Some may not believe me..but I got pics..see I got my very about a month ago lol and well it needs work(lol thanks to me I cracked the bumper that came with the car..the fenders came with the car as is)
But anyways the previous owner of the car like some people I see on here was tired of the soft top look and wanted to try something new..(I'm being honest wasn't my idea at all)

He got tired of the leaking and the torn top look so a local autobody guy helped him out and came out with this crazy idea...

As you can see it fits almost perfectly..I'll be adding more photos later on take care..

blackRB240
Car: 1993 RB25 SII swapped S13 hatch

I watched that come to be on another forum...I am actually thinking of doing it with my car. I bought a whole car just for the year old top, and the first thing that happens when I put the top down is the window cracked -__-

Blackassassin0
Car: 1998 240sx se

Ahh damn man that sucks..I can it imagine it can be a pain! But yeah man ..with alittle custom fab 'n.. I'm sure it would look nice! If its in your heart to try something new.. by all means try dude!

S133P3R
Car: 1989 S13 240sx

So that's a hardtop from a merc? Pretty cool that it fits. Any more pics of the fab work done for this?

onosqv
Car: '92 240sx Vert

Haha, that's awesome. I actually had an SL500 for a while and was very tempted to keep the hardtop for the 240sx vert project. Some fancy fab work must have been done, the SL hardtop is HEAVY.

If it fits w/ only fabbing the 240 chassis to accept the rear attachments, that would be amazing. I would think the front had to be cut & moved around a bit, tho.

Pics of fabwork would be awesome.

Glitz
Car: 93 240sx, 98 240sx, 2010 wrx

Please give more details on the install!

THANKS!

kei1
Car: Anime, Road Racing, Drifting, And other stuff

well hey guys! i'm the "previous owner " of the vert here. personally i resent how you speak about this car "T" you know who you are. as for everyone else sorry i never got around to taking any good pictures, what i can tell you is:

the quarter windows were removed as well as the soft top assembly and arms.

the front did have to be trimmed a bit so as to not hang over the windshield

i actually used the front bracket holes to bolt the top on, tho i never perfected any latch system.

and the rears were bolted to the rear support for the soft top. it was mostly rushed cause i have no time to do my own s*** anymore.

the rear window does have a defroster that can be wired to work too

any questions i will be more than happy to answer, just ask.

thx

onosqv
Car: '92 240sx Vert

Original poster: any chance of some pics of the mounting locations?

I'm in the process of re-acquiring an sl500 hardtop now to do this project :)

THANKS!

S15nS13vert
Car: 95 240sx with a s15 engine 6speed tranny, 94 S13.4 SKYLINE VERT and a 08 Lexus RX350

so if you decide to go out with out the top(beautiful weather), then al of the suden, weather changes, and starts to rain what do u do?

krash
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx Convertible

I'd mainly use it for winters when the top is always going to be up. You can avoid the abuse to the nice canvas top. Plus, who knows, this may get around the roll cage requirement for the vert at tracks?

MillerRB2013
Car: S13

sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm restoring a vert and was wondering what the panoramic top would look like on the 240

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”