Ok... Super Hicas Sucks... anyone know how to get rid of it??

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
Silvia007
Car: 93 240sx SE Fastback

I have a friend with Super Hicas and whenever he hits a bump on the highway his car wants to fish tail, not like tire skidding fish tail but his rear would swing back and forth slightly and would feel like it has really low tires... that's the best way I can describe it. Yeah... so anyone know how to get rid of it???

johnsharpe
Car: Car, Motorcycles, technology

Is there a fuse to pull? This would be the simplest...

John

Daunttless

Sell it and buy a non-Hicas model. Some collectors look for 240s sheerly for the fact that it has HICAS, you can probably easily find one, make a little money and buy a different 240.

Silvia007
Car: 93 240sx SE Fastback

How come I never thought of that.... yeah I'll let him know right away... and besides, those with super hicas... is the car suppose to behave like that??? Just curious. THanks guys.

dorifkin

Or since the Super-Hicas car comes with an LSD why dont you trade his car for yours and then weld in a Hicas eliminator kit. I know Stillen makes one for the z32 but not sure of the s13. Unless there is a way to swap in the front steering rack from a non S-Hicas car and somehow disable the hicas without having rear wheels that turn at will.

rc240sx

You should avoid hicas in the early years. They are sometimes off and sometimes on. They can come on when you dont want it to and not come on when you need it. The hicas system has a program that detects when to come on, however, the program is not that good in the s13s. They are however much better now. I mean post s14.

misty240

Um, what may I ask is HICA?

rc240sx

well I dont remember what the acronym stood for. HICAS is rear wheel steering. The mechanism has steering arms coming out of the differential going to the rear wheels. It turns the rear wheels the same direction as the front wheels about 1 degree when it detects the car can use it.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”