Ok, so it's not a pick-up!

General discussion forum about all things Datsun! NOTE: If your thread is specific to a certain model, please make sure you post it in the proper forum.
LilDat
Car: Datsun NL 320, Datsun U320 (the runchwagon) 1972 Datsun 510 wagon

ok, I'll admit it. I've got too much money.......... That is factoring in that all 3 of my kids just left the nest:) Momma Jill and I just figured out that we don't have a back-up vehicle so. Someone here posted a Datusn on Craigelist in Washington state, I did a search on datsuns and found this:  http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/car/781663512.html I emailed the guy and got a bounce back, The next thing I knew was he had listed it on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Tru ... 06.c0.m245 To make a long story short It cost me $600 less than his original listing and momma and I have a back up! The "Karma" thing...... The guy who owns it grew up less than 45 minutes from where I live. It will be shipped from Oregon to NC! I can't wait to find the In's and Out's of the 510. Mike this is all your fault:dude:

If you want to know how I'm going to finance it check out http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...47964 . The original "crotch Rocket'!

mklotz70

LOL!!!  I'm guessing I'm the Mike you're blaming??  That's cool....at least you have a 510 wgn now!!! 

I've pm'd with monkeyhawk quite a bit in the past.  He's south of me....so why's he shipping out of WA?

That wgn is really sweet!!!  Makes me want to go work on mine.

LilDat

Oops, it is Oregon. Yes you are the Mike I'm blaming but not much. Hopefully it will ship Friday and I hope to have it as early as next week. You're right it looks to be in great shape and it has AC. Down here that's a "gotta have". With my son being here from the Army this week we realized we didn't have a back-up vehicle so it just made sense. It needs carpet and front seat covers and has a small leak in the front cover but I'll have that fixed in no time. Can't wait. Ken

phlebmaster
Car: 1973 240z L26 4spd rip roar and ready to go!

I like the motorcycle! :cool:

LilDat

I've figured out that my brain doesn't work as fast as it did 30 years ago. This thing is awesome and when it's shined up looks like it came off the show room floor. They have doubled in price on ebay this past year so I'm afraid to get even a bug gut on the screen. I'll take the money for my DAT projects! I know in a year I'll kick myself but at least this won't be a reason my wife becomes a rich widow!

phlebmaster

LilDat wrote: Quote »I've figured out that my brain doesn't work as fast as it did 30 years ago. This thing is awesome and when it's shined up looks like it came off the show room floor. They have doubled in price on ebay this past year so I'm afraid to get even a bug gut on the screen. I'll take the money for my DAT projects! I know in a year I'll kick myself but at least this won't be a reason my wife becomes a rich widow![/quote]lol...I hear you. My wife has been very vocal about my motorcycle experiences. :shock:

People are too agressive on the roads these days, so I don't blame her.

LilDat

Dang, the car sat at a terminal for 2+ weeks and they kept uping the eta for delivery.  Last night tracking showed it to be within 6 hours of me in Tennessee now it's in Georgia south of me:( They'll probably take it to Texas next and let the hurricane take it. If you enlist DAS to deliver, if you hold out they'll give you a better rate. In hindsight I should have gotten a more firm delivery date. No real big deal though it does give me time to finish picking up the missing pieces to complete the car. Have new seat covers and carpet; headliner is on it's way. I'm trying to be patient but......:(:(:(

phlebmaster

I know that feeling!! :cool:

mklotz70

I was getting ready to ask where the thread was on the new wgn....guess I'll keep waiting :)

mklotz70

.....so where's the pics?!! :)

Return to “Datsun Chat”