Ok, its time to go Nissan!

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
sapix @ RHIT

I'd be afraid to use radiator hoses just because the high pressure flowing through them. 14 psi is a lot. I flexable hose like a radiator hose... I don't know if it could take it.

If your thinking about it, I'd just like to tell you to do things the right way and not get cheap with parts like that. You want to get cheap, buy cheap seats or something else not vital to the car running.

huguetpj
Car: 93 KAT Coupe

exar... if you don't mind I'll probably be contacting you in the near future so we can further dicuss how you plan on making the intercooler piping. The manifold I'll have it custom made since I know squat about soldering and stuff... but if I can save myself the labor cost of the IC piping and do it myself that'll be great.

huguetpj
Car: 93 KAT Coupe

actually I'm not going cheap were it matters (fuel and boost control) but if by any chance I blow a pipe or something the car will just go back to NA until I turn it off.

also, I said radiator hoses but I was thinking more along the lines of industrial high pressure hoses (sylicone?). 20PSI is not much for this kind of hoses. Don't know how much they cost or anything but if they are viable I think they could make for a much easier install and smoother pipe bends.

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

you can actually get most muffler places to bend you piping....

-chet

twelve

Exar-Kun wrote:... renault put one into a minivan, the espace f-1.
Well, I know I'm just dragging this up out of nowhere, but I just had to say this about the espace: A minivan that is faster than all those Ferraris, Porsches, McLarens, etc. Pretty cool, I think.

TrunkMonkey
Car: 2000 lincoln navigator

please don't revive old threads unless you have a good question or posting some useful information.

thank you.

-demetrius

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”