Ok heres the deal is buying an 08 brand new model a recipe for getting ripped?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
dreaderus
Car: 240 sx 93

fast question as i have owned only 2 cars in my life, both were resells from prior owners, one was a teenager buy to drive cheap and fix up, the other was a 93 240sx that has served me well for 12 years.

i need a new car, and have been out of teh game for a long time and love the rogue and the way it looks. im just scared that being a pioneer for a new model means:

dealers will rip you off for it.you will get horrible financing for it thus making it uneconomical

im not worried about it being a first year due to bugs/problems i am very confident in nissan, but im just more concerned about the entire pricing thing going on as i have never bought or leased new.

anyone have any advice? BTW I am in canada so the prices are whack hopefully that changes now that our dollars are equal.

Dreaderus

poconosmama

I'm sure you'll pay more now than if you buy it 6 months from now, but in the long run it's not thousands of dollars. I was able to haggle with the dealer pretty good actually , and I've bought more new cars than any girl I know. Not sure about the financing question, or the fact that you're in Canada so maybe someone else can help!

dreaderus
Car: 240 sx 93

thanks for the reply

also never bought a brand new car so any point to considering say a 2-3 old murano rather then a brand new rogue

jlsatt00

I too have some of your same concerns. Here is the info that has encouraged me to buy a Rogue in the next few month!

1.) A very similar car has been produced and sold overseas for at least two years. Therefore, most of the bugs should have been worked out on the model over there.

2.) From what I am hearing, they will be every where around Novemeber. Prices should drop then! I have also hear that some of the lots can't move the Rogue at prices above MSRP because not one wants to pay over MSRP. This might help the negotiation process.

I hope this helps!

nissantech06
Car: 2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0S

dreaderus wrote:thanks for the reply

also never bought a brand new car so any point to considering say a 2-3 old murano rather then a brand new rogue
Try to stay around 05+ on the Murano. I've worked on many Muranos that have had issues previous to those years.

Return to “Rogue Forum”