OK, finally cracked the speaker wire colors for the A/C with BOSE... here goes..

All things Altima Coupe.
rjdmmfl1
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe, Radiant Silver, 3.5SE, Premium Package, VDC

OK, this covers the entire thing, if you have the BOSE SYSTEM...

**note** this applies to the wires leaving the BOSE AMP going to the actual speakers... so these are post BOSE AMP...

KEY Right = passenger's sideLeft = Driver's Side

Front Right Tweeter + Blue/OrangeFront Right Tweeter - Green/Blue

Front Left Tweeter + LightgreenFront Left Tweeter - Black/Yellow

Center + Black/PinkCenter - Orange/Black

Front Right Door Speaker (6.5") + Green/WhiteFront Right Door SPeaker (6.5") - Brown

Front Left Door Speaker (6.5")+ WhiteFront Left Door Speaker (6.5")- Black

Rear Right Woofer (6x9) + Brown/WhiteRear Right Woofer (6x9) - BRown

Rear Left Woofer (6x9) + White/BlackRear Left Woofer (6x9) - Green/Black

Rear Right Tweeter + BlueRear Right Tweeter - Black/White

Rear Left Tweeter + BRown/BlackRear Left Tweeter - Red/Green

OK, here's the colors of the wires PRE BOSE AMP.. these are the wires you want to tap into if you want to add a high lo converter BEFORE the signal reaches the BOSE amp...

AMP ON - Black/PinkBAT - Yellow/RedSPEED SIGNAL - Violet / WHiteGround - Blue / BlackACC - Violet / Yellow

Left Front + GreenLeft Front - Red

Right Front + BlackRight Front - White

Left Rear + GR\rey/VioletLeft Rear - White/Blue

Right Rear + VioletRight Rear - Lightgreen

Modified by rjdmmfl1 at 12:13 PM 5/15/2008

DarkKnight22

Lavender?

rjdmmfl1

DarkKnight22 wrote:Lavender?
that might be correct, I'll check tomorrow when I go by the shop... also, I figured out why the wire colors are different pre and post bose amps.. between the Audio unit (deck) and the AMP, the wires go through like 5 or or 6 connections and other devices ... then, on the way from the AMP to the speakers, they also go through a number of connections, but this time, they keep their color... wierd!!!

DarkKnight22

very weird! good post though anyway, I feel like sometime we should compile this all into one big sticky. Any chance you could also have some time to look at my other thread, had a quick question about the wire color.

btw, I'll buy you a beer if I ever was in the SD area for this awesome wealth of info you are bestowing upon us here.

tuffmag
Car: 2008 Winter Frost, Altima coupe 3.5SE CVT, Premium, Technology Package

Wow, great job...guess you will have to be my new Hero....

serious thanks for the code, sure will make adding a woofer less of a hassle.

tarek
Car: '95 Civic (hopefully soon a 3.5 Altima Coupe)

Sorry for this is probably a silly question, but what does this mean for installing a sub or aftermarket deck? This is my newbness at car audio shining through, but I just don't get it Thanks.

rjdmmfl1

tarek wrote:Sorry for this is probably a silly question, but what does this mean for installing a sub or aftermarket deck? This is my newbness at car audio shining through, but I just don't get it Thanks.
not a silly question at all..

basically, if you want to add an extra sub and amplifier, you can tap into the Rear Speaker wires leaving the stereo at the harness... this will allow you to get the signal pre BOSE amp... you can hook your hi LO converter up to that, and run the RCA's from there back to your aftermarket amplifier and then to your subwoofer!

tarek
Car: '95 Civic (hopefully soon a 3.5 Altima Coupe)

Ahh okay, thanks for the explanation. That's actually what I thought it was for initially, but then I confused myself when I was read over it a couple of times lol. But if you're installing an aftermarket deck like the Kenwood 5120 (or 8120 money permitting) it doesn't matter right? You can just hook up the sub directly to that and not worry about tapping into any wires?

rjdmmfl1

tarek wrote:Ahh okay, thanks for the explanation. That's actually what I thought it was for initially, but then I confused myself when I was read over it a couple of times lol. But if you're installing an aftermarket deck like the Kenwood 5120 (or 8120 money permitting) it doesn't matter right? You can just hook up the sub directly to that and not worry about tapping into any wires?
Yes, if ou're hooking up an aftermarket deck, then 99% of those have rear RA outs or subwoofer outs (Kenwood has both)... then you hook your RCA's up from the aftermarket deck to the amplifier, and then the speaker wires from the amp go to the subs

rjdmmfl1

DarkKnight22 wrote:Lavender?
I found out, the L is Blue... go figure

quick_shift
Car: '08 A/C 3.5SE 6MT - Dark Slate

great work Doc

DarkKnight22

didnt work

rjdmmfl1

DarkKnight22 wrote:didnt work
what didn't work???

DarkKnight22

The amp works, turns on fine and seems to be alright.

I tried taping into my right rear 6X9 with both a hi lo converter and just an RCA, neither worked (postamp). Tried taping into right rear preamp, btw, I don't have a blue green or a blue gray wire and it didn't work either with or without the hi lo converter. I'm so frustrated because thats the only thing stoping it from working. I'm just going to break down and take it into a shop tomorrow because I cant figure out what I'm doing wrong.

btw, is the harness on the left pre or post amp? On your first post you had indicated that it was preamp, but the wires you have listed here for post amp are on the left harness.

rjdmmfl1

DarkKnight22 wrote:The amp works, turns on fine and seems to be alright.

I tried taping into my right rear 6X9 with both a hi lo converter and just an RCA, neither worked (postamp). Tried taping into right rear preamp, btw, I don't have a blue green or a blue gray wire and it didn't work either with or without the hi lo converter. I'm so frustrated because thats the only thing stoping it from working. I'm just going to break down and take it into a shop tomorrow because I cant figure out what I'm doing wrong.

btw, is the harness on the left pre or post amp? On your first post you had indicated that it was preamp, but the wires you have listed here for post amp are on the left harness.
Sorry you're having issues... I'm sure its something simple...

regarding the blue-grey or blue-green... that was a code I deduced because I couldn't figure out what LG meant... I know L is blue, but maybe LG is something different... when I have the time to check my car tomorrow, I'll update the colors once again.

In any case, if you can't figure it out by the colors, you should still be able to figure it out by the pin numbers... OK, go to the FSM, download the one that says AV, and go to page 169... you will see giagrams of the wire harnesses and their color codes and positions of various wires...

The harnesses on the BOSE amp aren't seperated by pre and post... both harnesses have a mixture of pre and post amp wires... again, it is very confusing, but that's how they wired the amp...

Here, click on this link http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Altima/2008/

and then save the AV file. THen, click on the tab for BOSE audio WITHOUT navigation, then go to the above mentioned page and you will see what I'm speaking about regarding the harnesses... Good luck and hit me back up if you continue to have issues. I would really try to tackle this again before you take it to the shop...

DarkKnight22

I got the wires I need on the out side, but with this line out converter (isnt it the same as a high lo converter?) do I want it on the pre or post amp side? I also have RCA with wire tails so I could go that route as well.

rjdmmfl1

DarkKnight22 wrote:I got the wires I need on the out side, but with this line out converter (isnt it the same as a high lo converter?) do I want it on the pre or post amp side? I also have RCA with wire tails so I could go that route as well.
line out converter... is it the SLC-4 or the FAI-3? ok, sorry dude, I've been going through the forum while I was in the lab, but I'm headed home and I'm on BABY duty tonight, so I'll have to continue this tomorrow... good luck

the converted
Car: 99 M3 6.0l
88 Celica All-Trac (somewhere in Cali)
2020 Taco

I think that LG is light green if that makes any difference.

rjdmmfl1

the converted wrote:I think that LG is light green if that makes any difference.
I checked today, LG is lightgreen!!!

DarkKnight22

DONE. I taped the wires in the back where they are going into the 6X9's. I just used the hi lo converter on it and I was good to go. Thanks

rjdmmfl1

DarkKnight22 wrote:DONE. I taped the wires in the back where they are going into the 6X9's. I just used the hi lo converter on it and I was good to go. Thanks

RobPaulson
Car: 2013 Subaru WRX

EDIT:

Realize i need to reword my question . . .

how do you know if you need to purchase a hi/lo converter? I already own a pretty decent amp (cadence z1000 purchased in 06) that is directly connected to my current pioneer headunit.
Modified by RobPaulson at 1:08 PM 6/11/2008

midgets
Car: 08 Altima Coupe' 3.5SE

I looked up your amp .. http://www.cadencestore.com/ca...L.pdf

and you only have Pre-Amp inputs so you would require a hi-low converter.I am currently installing a Kenwood 8104D which has both Pre-Amp and speaker level inputs.

terron
Car: 2008 Altima SL Jade/Blonde

You might want to update your thread to add the following

Illumination - Red / BlueIllumination Control - Red / Yellow

Spent an hour tonite searching the internet for this. I haven't put a volt meter to it, but I am pretty sure the Control wire is for the headunits that can handle variable voltage to dim/brighten themselves. The Red/Blue is probably a constantly +12v when the lights are on. I will post when I confirm this either way

rjdmmfl1

terron wrote:You might want to update your thread to add the following

Illumination - Red / BlueIllumination Control - Red / Yellow

Spent an hour tonite searching the internet for this. I haven't put a volt meter to it, but I am pretty sure the Control wire is for the headunits that can handle variable voltage to dim/brighten themselves. The Red/Blue is probably a constantly +12v when the lights are on. I will post when I confirm this either way
this thread is mainly for the amp/speakers... in another thread (Avic D3 install) I have the info for the red/yellow illumination control wire... the red/blue should NEVER be tapped! The Red/yellow is the one that is tapped when installing DVD players/ nav screns

Chinaman
Car: 08 nissan altima coupe 3.5

sorry about the noob question but which wire do i tap into for the remote wire

jamesandoval
Car: 06 altima

wat cars this 4?

GZUS96
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima

I have a 2008 with the Bose system and Navigation will these wire colors work for me?

dfgdfgf
Car: dfgf

that might be correct, I'll check tomorrow when I go by the shop... also, I figured out why the wire colors are different pre and post bose amps.. between the Audio unit (deck) and the AMP, the wires go through like 5 or or 6 connections and other devices ... then, on the way from the AMP to the speakers, they also go through a number of connections, but this time, they keep their color... wierd!!!

Gafas Prada

chicityman88
Car: 98 Infiniti i30

OK IM HAVING SOME SERIOUS PROBLEMS LOL.
THIS IS GONNA TAKE A AWHILE .
SO I HAVE AN INFINITI I30 (98)
THE WIRES TO THE RADIO HAVE BEEN CUT I NOW HAVE THE WIRING DIAGRAM THANKS TO THIS FORUM.
I HAVE TWO EXILE SUBWOOFERS IN MY TRUNK / AMPWISE I HAVE A BRUTUS 2400.01 D CLASS AMP
SO I HAVE RAN A 4 GAGE POWER WIRE FROM AMP TO BATTERY ( STRAIGHT WIRE ) A GROUND WIRE TO A BOLT IN THE TRUNK 4 GAGE WIRE AS WELL , AND MY REMOTE WIRE HAS BEEN RAN TO THE AFTERMARKET STEREO AND THE RCA WIRES ARE HOOKED UP TOO . I TURNED ON THE CAR AND NOTHING ! SO I RECONEECTED ALL THE WIRES AND MY AMP TURNED ON FOR A SECOND WHEN I WAS MESSING WITH REMOTE WIRE BUT SHUT OFF A SECOND LATER NO RED PROTECTION LIGHT AND IT HASNT TURNED ON SINCE PLZZZZZZZZZ HALP I JUST WANNA SHAKE PEOPLES HOUSES.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”