Ok CUBE Computer Question

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
BrassMomkey

Sorry Guys. I just feel I can get more honest information here then from the dealership.

I was wondering if the computer on the CUBE can be calibrated to match tire size? So my speedometer and mileage are not messed up.

Thanks in advance!!!

chompsticks
Car: Cube Krom

I think that may be illegal to tamper with anything that controls milelage. I could be wrong though.

ewraven
Car: 2009 Superblack Cube KROM

Check with your dealership. Ask them if they can adjust your speedometer for different sized tires using there Nissan scan tool.

I know with aftermarket ECU programmers like the Superchips, I could do it on my Dodge Dakota. Other brands of pickup trucks had this ability as well.

Since there isn't a programmer for the Cube and likely never will be. It is up to the dealership. I'm fairly certain that you will get a funny look and they'll say NO, because they don't what you are talking about.

But it is worth asking anyway!

You can also look up exactly how inaccurate your speedometer is going to be by inputting the stock tire size and modified tire size here...http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Good Luck!

BrassMomkey

Thanks so much for the info. I would like to go with a slightly taller tire and bigger rims. Thanks for the link It helps.

ewraven
Car: 2009 Superblack Cube KROM

You're welcome. I'm glad to be of service.

Return to “Cube Forum”