Do I Need Oil Squirters With Forged Internals

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
racemonkey11

I was researching and found many people say that oil squirters are not needed with forged internals especially if doing a high horsepower build cuz it can add to the temps. The reason I am asking is cuz i just ordered some JE pistons and while disassembling the block i found some of the squirters were broken so if i can bypass them it would be great. If anyone has any experience with this please let me know and thanks in advance.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Install new squirters. Here's the way it works, the squirters spray oil on the bottoms of the pistons keeping them cooler. Cooler is better in this instance. You may not NEED to fix them, the motor may run for 50,000 more miles without the squirters, or it could develop a hot spot, detonate and crack a ring land.

Why would you spend the money on forged pistons and then half a** the cooling and lubrication system? Just my .02

WD

jbracy7
Car: 94 GTS TYPE-M in a dozen pieces

blowing up a ka ,its wats wat all the kids r doing these
days

racemonkey11

alright just wanted to see what u guys thought thanks for the input

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Keep us updated on your progress. We love a good build thread :dblthumb:

Also, if you don't mind, take lots of pics and whatnot and jot down any cool info you can about the Emanage and I'll put together a write-up and host all the images etc. Probably get some home page time if the images are high res. The install and settings for the initial tuning would rock. Also, if you need any help tuning I'd be more then happy to assist. I haven't used the Emanage, but I have some experience with tuning in general.

Does the Ultimate log knock? I'll have to read up on the options again :)

WD

racemonkey11

Sure I will its just gonna take some time due to budget constraints but I will post all my updates with pics. Thanks again for the help

neverlift

how many squirters you need? pp me a few bux to cover gas and the shipping and I will send you some..

racemonkey11

thanks alot man but i actually have another motor laying around cuz my friend gave it to me so ill just take it off from it but thanks alot though.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”