Oil recommendations

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
jb88061

I understand from the FX owners manual that Infiniti recommends using 5W-40 oil. I'm wondering if anyone has experience using either full- or part-synthetic oils in their FX. I used it religiously (Mobil 1, 5W-50) in my previous vehicle with great results.

Any recommendations are appreciated - especially brand and grade.

Thanks!

MikeNColo
Car: Love to ride Steam Trains

For me, I have used Mobil 1 5W-30 in my past 4 vehicles (one of which came from factory with Synthetic), and will in my FX35 as soon as it hits 10,000 miles (good break-in period). I also plan to extend my oil change intervals to 5,000. Which is 1/2 way between Schedule 1 and Schedule 2, which should satisfy Infiniti warrantee requirments.Hope this helps...

jb88061

Mike...Thanks for the advice.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

jb:

try a NICO search for "oil*".

Some good links there and some detailed discusssions that will also apply to your VQ35 powered vehicle.

Fred..:)

MikeNColo
Car: Love to ride Steam Trains

Just reporting back...I had my first oil change last Monday at 3817 miles. (It took a week to get in, they only do them by appointment - no such thing as a Quick-Lube/Fastlube bays there.) The dealer said that lots of people request synthetic and not a problem.Since I was not really planning on converting til 10,00 miles, I didn't have my 5-qt. jug of Mobil1 on me, so they put in Castrol Synthetic 5W-30.Has anyone heard any difference between Mobil1 & Castrol Synthetics? If there isn't much, I'll probably let the dealer continue to put in the Castrol and not go "cheapo" on them and lug in my own oil. LOL

Return to “Murano Forum”