oil recommendations

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
apm285
Car: G35 coupe

Hi guys,

what oil does infiniti recommend to use for the engine and transmission?? lost the damn owners manual

Cheers

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

Infiniti will recommend you take it to the dealer...I'm not sure if it has a brand in the owners manual.

I'd recommend Royal Purple synthetic oil for your engine, with the weight depending on your climate. If you live in a climate where the temperature will not go below 0F, use 10W-40. If it gets cold, 5W-30 should be used.

The transmission requires special Nissan oil (AUTO) that can be purchased at any Nissan/Infiniti dealer. I'm not sure on the manual though I'd get it through the dealer as well.

ugaexploder
Car: 2007 Lakeshore Slate G35S

i would say royal purple or castrol...both synthetic though.

ArizonaG35
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35 Journey Sedan/Premium Pkg. Platinum Graphite

Hey Hitman... What oil do you run in your G? I'm going to change out my OEM oil and switch to a full synthetic, but I would like recommendations for HIGH Temp climates... I checked out Royal Purple Synthetic, but not sure of the weight to go with... Advice?

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

All you ever wanted to know about oil.....

http://www.carbibles.com/engineoil_bible.html

ArizonaG35
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35 Journey Sedan/Premium Pkg. Platinum Graphite

joe603 wrote:All you ever wanted to know about oil.....

http://www.carbibles.com/engineoil_bible.html
WHEWWW!!!!! This page reads like the Frech version of Stereo instructions! Learned a LOT, and I think it answered my questions... good source... I think with the unbearable temps we have in the desert, I'm going to go with a 15W40 Royal Purple Synthetic until the winter when it drops down into the 70's

Thnx!

Kazaam35x
Car: 2005 G35x

Folks, just got my G a bit more than a week ago. Just wondering, how many quarts do I need for each oil change?

AddictionG35
Car: 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT (R.I.P. 03 SEP 07)

That reminds me, zozoka1212, since you were in Germany, can you suggest what Oil and weight I should use there during winter and summer? I have no idea how cold it will get there in Germany.

zozoka1212
Car: 08 Infiniti G35x

Depends what part of Germany you are going to. If you go up north obviously they have more snow and the winters are longer a bit. I used to have 2 bags of salt wrapped in a plastic bag for weight in the trunk. Also good idea snow tire without that you won't survive. They have nice kits in Europe maybe here too just don't know. They have some smart things for the winter. You can buy them in car stores overthere or in gas stations. It contains army shovel I am sure you are familiar with also blanket, match, etc. If it is possible stay away from the small HWY. I've been on the road overthere stock for 5 hours that's where the first car came. You'll find a higher octane gas then here. Also more expensive. Calculate with 1.5 times then here. I am not sure how familiar with Metric. Anyways get use to it. No gallon no inch no pound no feet no yard no fahrenheim.

Zozoka
Modified by zozoka1212 at 7:49 PM 7/8/2007

zozoka1212

apm285 wrote:Hi guys,

what oil does infiniti recommend to use for the engine and transmission?? lost the damn owners manual

Cheers
That's for you. Online manual for all infiniti cars.

http://www.infiniti.com/iapps/techpubs

Zozoka

AddictionG35

Going to Kaiserslautern/Landstuhl area, near Rammstein and Vogelweh. That's further south I believe. I hope I don't have to replace my tires, I have new Michellin Pilot HX MXM4's on it and really don't want to buy new ones. Not sure if you are familiar with that area at all, but hopefully you can recommend an oil weight for that part of Germany. Also, do you know anything about getting the under carriage treated to prevent rust from the salt on the roads? I would be so ticked off to see my car rusting. Thanks again zozoka1212!

zozoka1212

I drove a lot around Kaiserlautern. Yes, you are right that is pretty much south Germany. Close to the French and Belgium. You travel 100 miles and you can go in 3 countries. They have really good beers in Kaiser. You can go to the factory for a tour and the end you can drink as much as you want. The climate is a bit milder but not much. Be prepared. They use something else not salt at winter time. I can't tell you what but it is friendlier with the cars mix of woodchips and other things. When I left Europe that was the second winter they tried that thing. Next year you'll know more than I do. With the Michellin pilot you can survive since it is an all season tire. It won't be easy but you can do it.You gonna have couple of days of the season when it will be pain in the b.... Oil well I used 5W40 all year around winter/summer mix. I used Castrol product back at home. I had a Lancia Delta when I was younger and that was pretty sensitive for the cold start. I switched to 5W40 and after 2 months, that was perfect. I do change oil and flash oil before winter in the last 17 years.

I hope this helps. If you have more questions let me know.

Zozoka
Modified by zozoka1212 at 7:46 PM 7/8/2007

AddictionG35

Yeah, that helps alot, thanks for all the heads up info, especially the beer info! I'm pretty much newly divorced so aside from being a single parent, when I can find time to myself away from my little boy I plan to do a lot of drinking! At first I was upset about going to Germany to begin with, I was praying the Army would send me to Japan (I wanted to get a Skyline ), but then I bought my G and I have been kinda getting used to the idea of going to Germany. Now I can't wait to get out there and get on the Autobahn even if I DO get my %$# handed to me by faster cars, it's just about the fun of driving fast for myself.

zozoka1212

How long you are going to be in Germany? I'll go back for a month next year. I can put you behind the wheel in some nice sport and rally cars. Couple of my friends are into rally racing and some of them drive some nice cars when thy are not racing. You even can go out for snow rallying with them. That is the most fun I ever had in car. You would enjoy it so much man.

zozoka
Modified by zozoka1212 at 9:08 PM 7/8/2007

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”