Oil Pressure line

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
DammitBobby
Car: S13 91 KA24DET

Been a long time since I have posted (2008) here but I finally getting the Turd back to life. I bought a very crappy turbo kit and had to replace everything. This past week I had a shop build me a custom manifold and reroute my dump pipe. After taking everything apart he noticed my turbo was fried as well as my wastegate. This is the second turbo I have fried so I wanted to know what everybody else was using for the oil pressure line. I will post pictures next week when I get the car back. Last year before the manifold cracked for the 3rd time I was able to make around 320whp at 18psi. This was done on a dyno that generally shows 20 percent less then other dynos. I will also post those results next week. Yes engine is completely rebuilt with racing piston, rods, jim wolfe ecu and blah blah blah. The person running the Dyno told me the car had more whp left just needed more octane and a better inter cooler. Let me know if you all have a good oil pressure line setup.

w0nderbr3ad
Car: 1990 240sx with ka24de swap

I have mine routed from my oil filter relocation kit to the turbo with an inline restrictor. I'm sure many others have tapped into the factory oil pressure sensor location and used a 3-way fitting (1 male 2 female).

DammitBobby

Do have any pictures of your setup? How long have you driven your car with this setup? Where did you get your kit from? I forgot to mention my setup is a 3 way off the oil pressure sensor.
Thanks for your reply.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Normally you don't need a restrictor unless you have oil pressure caused leakage. Which means the oil doesn't drain as fast as it's coming in. The normal line size is a -3 or -4. If you use a -3, I don't think you'll need a restrictor.

Any oil source should be fine.

If you have a restrictor, you may be starving the turbo of oil. Journal bearing turbo's generally don't need any restrictor. People started using them as bandaid fixes for cheap Chinese turbo's.

I bought all of the pieces for my oil supply and return from Mcmaster Carr. I used the oil pressure sender location with a t fitting for my supply.

DammitBobby

Hey Brian long time no see. I finally started last year getting the 240 running again. It has been sitting since 2007.
I have started it on and off and driven it a few miles but other then that it has been sitting. The reason it has been sitting so
long is because of the manifold crack and I didn`t have the money or the time to fool with it. My wife wants me
to get it running so we can enjoy having it instead of being an eye sore. We will have to catch up its been a few years
since NOPI in Pheonix(Good Times). Also noticed that the KAT board has very little activity. I started thinking about that but
then realized that these cars are almost 25 years old!! Dam 8 years ago these cars were the bomb!!

WDRacing

Yeah, traffic pretty much died in here. A lot of people went over to the .org.

Good to see you still have her though! Mine made it to my parents house and a fuel line on top of the tank sprung a leak. Been up there all winter. I'll get up there one of these days and fix it...

DammitBobby

I just dropped the turbo off at MJMturbo. Cool place. There are so many turbos you can`t even count them all.
I ordered Tial wastegate to replace my chinese crap wastegate and a turbo blanket. As soon as I get the turbo I am taking
it back to the shop. I am so ready to get the Turd running again.

WDRacing

I hear that dude!

DammitBobby

This site has some really good information. He is local to me and is highly respected and only deals with turbos. If I have any more problems destroying turbos I am going to go see him. I may even go see him just to make sure he doesn`t see anything wrong with my setup.
http://www.workturbochargers.com/knowledge-base.html
Would not be bad to put this site as a sticky for information.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”