Oil Pan

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
Cyberkreig
Car: 1993 240sx (SR )

Can anyone tell me, Is it true taht the only way to remove the oil pan from a motor in a 240sx (KA, SR, or CA) is to pull the motor, or drop a part of the suspension?

Thanks

Joe

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

I KNOW it's true for KA's.I THINK it's true for CA's.I DON'T THINK it's true for SR's.

Cyberkreig
Car: 1993 240sx (SR )

Thanks for the reply. New on the board, most boards dont answer new people.

Start work on my SR swap Tuesday, Wondering if I should try to find this aftermarket oil pan by GREX I've heard about, or just wait.

Anyone have a For Sure on the SR oil pan?

Thanks again

Joe

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

No problem. We always welcome new members here! If you have any questions about anything else, just ask! You are in the right place when asking questions about performance or non-stock engines. If you have questions about any stock features (like power window won't roll down, or how to install brake pads or something) then you can also visit the "Online Nissan Mechanic" forum. We have some actual Nissan techs that answer questions there that are more non-performance related. Glad to have you aboard! (pun intended)

Nis240sanSX
Car: cars, motorcycles, music, playing guitar

What I did was take the nuts off the motor mounts, stick a jack under the oil pan a raise the engine enough to put large sockets on or near the bolts and let the engine rest on the sockets stuck in the mounts. Once you do that, lower the front swaybar and unbolt the oilpan and drop it down and slide it forward and out. Its that easy(easier said that done) but I did it that way. (For anyone else who has trouble getting it out.

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Nis240sanSX wrote:What I did was take the nuts off the motor mounts, stick a jack under the oil pan a raise the engine enough to put large sockets on or near the bolts and let the engine rest on the sockets stuck in the mounts. Once you do that, lower the front swaybar and unbolt the oilpan and drop it down and slide it forward and out. Its that easy(easier said that done) but I did it that way. (For anyone else who has trouble getting it out.

ACK! Don't ever jack up an engine by the oil pan. You can dent that thing right in.

Other than that though, that is a good way to do it. When I pulled a KA oil pan, I did the same thing. Only instead of jacking it up under the oil pan (which you should NEVER do), I used an engine hoist to lift the engine up a few inches.

Nis240sanSX
Car: cars, motorcycles, music, playing guitar

Well I guess I should have said that I placed a block of 2x4 on the jack, so the metal wasn't against metal. Still pretty dangerous I guess but not as bad.

Hey Torry, I used to live in Marietta, I lived at Winterset, its an apartment complex off Delk Rd. You know where that is? I was young, in elementary school, I went to Pine Forrest elementary. It was back in `92-93. Oh well, sorry, that was a pointless paragraph.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”