oil pan leak, now car won't do anything but idle

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
nathanlee

so i bottomed out the good old 95 quest the other night, drove it home while it was leaking, it seemed fine, figured i'd get the leaking oil pan taken care of and the car would be fine.

well the next day i put some jb weld over the little hole in the pan, fill her up with some new oil, turn the car on, it starts fine, put it in reverse and try to back out and it won't go! it's like it's stuck in neutral.... i really hope it isn't transmission trouble, but i'm pressed to think of what else it could be? any suggestions?

basskronick
Car: I drive a pontiac, and i love it, but i have nissan in my heart, I'm also the owner of a first gen q

I almost hate to say it, but i believe when you bottomed out you may have damaged the transmission. Were there any dents in the transmission pan? any kind of obstruction that would cause the fluid to not get to the interior hydraulics? Or it could be a misplaced check valve in the valve body, either way, it sounds like to me its gonna be a costly repair. I really hate bearing bad news, so if im wrong and you find out what it is, please do me a favor and enlighten me.

Thank you

Return to “Quest Forum”